Moto Voice: "Ok Google Now, what's my next appointment?" is no longer working for me

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with "Okay Google Now, what's my next appointment?" It stopped working for me about a week ago. It was one of my favorite features, so any fixes would be appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ok Google now, what's my next appointment no longer working

Are you putting in events as <blank> appointment? I had 'Hair cut' on my calendar, not hair appointment. Tried searching for hair appointment, and got nothing. That is when I noticed. Hopefully that helps?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Hmm no, but I never put anything in as appointment before, I would just put haircut 2 pm in my calendar and when I asked the "What's my next appointment" question it would read it to me, I didn't have to search.

Are you putting in events as <blank> appointment? I had 'Hair cut' on my calendar, not hair appointment. Tried searching for hair appointment, and got nothing. That is when I noticed. Hopefully that helps?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hmm no, but I never put anything in as appointment before, I would just put haircut 2 pm in my calendar and when I asked the "What's my next appointment" question it would read it to me, I didn't have to search.

Yeah.. That may be the difference, now. Or, it is just reading the title that is put in.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Working fine for me and I don't have the word, "appointment", anywhere in the calendar entry.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

It works for me, but I until now I didn't know I could do this - or I did, and forgot.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

And just like that it's back. No idea why it's working again, I didn't change any settings, still entering info into my calendar as I always have.

The various "Ok Google Now" features are pretty cool, but also pretty quirky. Something will work great for months at a time, then suddenly stop working, then suddenly be fine again. I guess they're still ironing some bugs out.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

The biggest problem with something like this is that it's partially server based. The benefit is that they can ADD functionality quickly without issuing app updates. The downside is that they can BREAK functionality quickly without issuing any app updates. Things can suddenly stop working or behaving strangely even though you haven't made any changes to your device or apps.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I didn't realize that's what caused it. Yeah, I didn't make any changes to my phone, no new apps, and it just stopped working out of the blue, and then a few days later just started again. Very strange.

The biggest problem with something like this is that it's partially server based. The benefit is that they can ADD functionality quickly without issuing app updates. The downside is that they can BREAK functionality quickly without issuing any app updates. Things can suddenly stop working or behaving strangely even though you haven't made any changes to your device or apps.

Msgt Scalf

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Been years I assume Google has removed one of the best features. Looking to move to windows now.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

This damn thing has stopped working again, but you want to hear something weird....instead of telling me what my next appointment is, it brings up a Google web search for "what's my next appointment" and the top result is THIS forum page created by me last August. At first I thought, oh good someone else is having this same problem. Then I had to smile when I saw what it was.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I just say:"Kirk to Enterprise, Where's my next meeting?" Is that not the same thing?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar