Hey so lately my galaxy note 3 has been acting up and dropping calls and signal left and right. I attempted to get a replacement but the Verizon told me I was out of luck from no insurance yay.

So basically im in the market for another phone figuring buying a new phone can at least make the experience slightly more enjouable . after this week I was really pulled towards either the moto x or the note 4, but I've had some confusion about moto.

One of the selling points of the motos is they get updates nearly right away. I especially appreciate this since my note 3 didn't get KitKat until may. So quick question, do Motorola's get updates right away when they are on Verizon's network? Or does Verizon stall it for months at a time eliminating this selling point.

Also is the glass rounded on the moto x. I sorta thought that was attractive. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-06-2014 09:37 AM
    On two of the KK updates Verizon was first on the moto x.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    09-06-2014 09:41 AM
    Are they also guaranteed to get the next update so like 2 year support?

I suppose I mean, will the moto x get next years android version on time? I know its probably hard to tell now if it will but its just reassurance

09-06-2014 09:46 AM
    Are they also guaranteed to get the next update so like 2 year support?

I suppose I mean, will the moto x get next years android version on time? I know its probably hard to tell now if it will but its just reassurance

impossible to answer the timeline portion of your question, but the moto x will get whatever version of Android comes after L.

09-06-2014 10:06 AM
    There's about a 6 week lag from new version to moto x launch on Verizon.
    09-06-2014 12:40 PM
    Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing. It could be a week, 6 weeks, 6 months, or never at all.

Verizon moto x had 4.4 before anyone else, but this is literally the only time Verizon has been first for anything in the history of android.
    09-06-2014 12:56 PM
    Nothing is guaranteed. Nothing. It could be a week, 6 weeks, 6 months, or never at all.

Verizon moto x had 4.4 before anyone else, but this is literally the only time Verizon has been first for anything in the history of android.
    That and selling the Galaxy Nexus (so first ICS device) and Moto X on 4.4.4.
    09-06-2014 01:07 PM
    So quick question, do Motorola's get updates right away when they are on Verizon's network? Or does Verizon stall it for months at a time eliminating this selling point.
    As others have said, the Verizon Moto X was the first Android phone outside of the Nexus phones to get Kit Kat. What should also be noted about this, however, is that the Verizon Moto X received Kit Kat less than three weeks after it was announced. The flagships from other OEMs waited for months before receiving Kit Kat.
    09-06-2014 01:13 PM
    You should buy it with confidence for the updates and you will enjoy the stock Android and Moto features as well.
    The only concern is if 5.2" screen is enough for your liking.

Just leave Verizon out of this, even without carrier involvement, Motorola still update faster and probably longer than Samsung.
    09-06-2014 11:34 PM
    As others have said, the Verizon Moto X was the first Android phone outside of the Nexus phones to get Kit Kat.
    The Verizon moto x got KitKat before most nexus devices. Only the nexus 5 got it sooner.

09-07-2014 09:02 PM
    I'm not concerned about Motorola devices being updated. They'll get it faster than everyone not named Nexus or Google Play edition. Even on Verizon.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-08-2014 12:26 PM