Moto X battery size ruins everything for me, anyone else?

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
It is. I understand that you don't like the fact that the new X doesn't have a bigger battery. You must really like the rest of the phone to be on here stating your issues with it. But understand that there are plenty of people that don't have issues with the battery and the phone will perform to their needs. And DC Wuff gave a decent work around that may work for some. I'm not trying to attack you personally but there a few that keep beating a dead horse here with the battery and I believe it's not a big of an issue as some are stating it is. As I stated above, each phone will work different for everyone. The battery usage difference that you and my wife are seeing with the G3 proves that.
Well the difference in G3 battery life you are alluding to is probably due to carrier variance. Didn't you say you have T-Mobile or Sprint? I have Verizon so I may be getting a better signal.

I like the new Moto X and I may still get it but yes I am disappointed in the small battery. This is a Moto X forum and a battery discussion thread within that forum. A lot of people are talking about it because it may be a deal breaker for some and we like to discuss and get other people's opinion. If that bothers you then don't quote and respond to those posts..

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope, it's a Verizon G3. Signal is just fine. I'm on here proving some points with battery life. That's all. We are seeing it differently and that's fine. If you happen to go with the new X I hope it perform to your expectations. We both made some good points that shows both ways. I think we can leave it at that and have a beer....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys we're fine discussing the battery life theories and expectations, but let's stay on topic and not gravitate towards telling each other what to post, etc. Ignoring a post is always an option. - the moderator team.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Everything I've seen so far = better battery life than my Nexus 4. A phone I'm fine with in that department. I'm gonna be AOK.

It's funny how every new phone gets pages and pages of the one gripe people who weren't going to buy the phone anyway have. As a long time lurker and rare poster it's very entertaining.

Can't wait for Friday!

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it's a Verizon G3. Signal is just fine. I'm on here proving some points with battery life. That's all. We are seeing it differently and that's fine. If you happen to go with the new X I hope it perform to your expectations. We both made some good points that shows both ways. I think we can leave it at that and have a beer....
1208db57520595146e05e3c905dc33c2.jpg

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

The conclusion of that review states it well:

Ultimately, you have to think about what matters the most to you. If you want the best possible battery life or the most exceptional camera, the new Moto X may not be the right option. As with the first-gen model, there are absolutely individual areas where other smartphones come out ahead.

But if you want a distinctive device that's full of genuinely useful features -- with thoughtful software that'll get timely and frequent upgrades in the future -- you'll be hard-pressed to find another product that matches what the Moto X provides. Factor in the lower-than-average cost both on contract and unlocked, and the new Moto X is a tough all-around package to beat.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pre-orders will start on Tuesday. Who's ordering

Still works for me. Might get the turbo charger if I find that I need it. Otherwise its an upgrade over my M7.

I'm thinking about that turbo charger too. The Power Pack might be more practical, though. Can't make up my mind on that one.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't bother me. Small trade-off for otherwise a fantastic phone. Have been using the 2013 version for a year and love it. No battery issues.

My current X gets me through the day and then some. I'm fortunate to always have a strong signal where I live and where I work, which makes a huge difference, and I often go a whole day, overnight, and the next day before charging it. If the new X gets me through the day easily, I'm fine with charging it every night. The biggest factor with battery drain on my current X is signal. When I'm visiting my folks the signal is poor, and I have to charge it before the end of the afternoon.

For me, the new X's battery is a tad disappointing, but not a deal breaker for me. But that's probably because I've been so happy with my current X's battery life.

nonstopski

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Mmm, it's an upgrade for me. It's higher than my nexus 4.. which is rated at 32h, and nexus 5 at 40h... I'll take anything.

If I rarely make a call in a day that is more than 5 minutes, if that at all, and most text, im, and web browse for 4-5 hours a day... am I going to have trouble on this phone?

drxtal

May 4, 2013
Visit site

I love my current Moto X and will be ordering the new X, just as soon as I decide on Motomaker.

I'm excited for the new build quality and IR sensor based features, and am not particularly concerned about battery life. Fortunately, as a previous poster, I live, commute, work and socialize in strong signal areas. I haven't had problems with battery life for my current Moto X, and anticipate similar performance from the new model.

The discussion in this thread was very helpful though, I thank all posters for their thoughtful contributions.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of another charger like the "Motorola Turbo Charger"? I want to buy it but I would rather have one in the car then for the house. How great would it be to give my phone 8 more hours battery life on my 15 minute drive.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of another charger like the "Motorola Turbo Charger"? I want to buy it but I would rather have one in the car then for the house. How great would it be to give my phone 8 more hours battery life on my 15 minute drive.

Just to clarify, that's 8 hours of "talk" time. For context, hey boast about 13 hours of talk time... but when they say adding up to 8 hours I don't know if they mean increase by 60% (roughly) or charge up to 60% or if 60% has nothing to do with it and they're talking about something else entirely.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...However I'd take Phone Arena's word over Anandtech's IMO. But again real life test is the only test to really live by.

I'm really looking forward to people's real life impressions of battery (and camera).

I thought Anandtech is amongst the most reliable reviews/testers? Certainly better than Phone Arena, no? I thought they are among the worse...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12