I've got the new Moto X, you've got questions. Fire away!!!

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless they used voice print, which they should anyway to lock the phone to respond to you and listen for you in a noisy environment...

Not much point in the feature if you can't use it with a locked phone.
The BT in my car is a trusted device. When I am in the car, I can just say "navigate to [restaurant name] in [city]" and it pulls it all up. I don't know why you would trust voice security to properly secure your phone.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Also feel. How does it feel compared to the last year's model in hand.
Not as good. Higher quality, but not as good.

Specifically, does the new curvature and width actually feel better?
No.

How does the new dimple feel compared to last one - which I really like.
I actually like the dimple on the new one better. Because of the increased size, the larger dimple gives you a little more to "hold."

Not a fan of the size increase, but does feel better in the hand than the S5. The metal edges help significantly with grip.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how to word this, but does the leather feel loose at all or is it glued down the whole length of the back? Like if you pushed your finger into it and wiggled, does the leather slide around?
Also,does the leather make it hard to pull out of your jeans pocket?

Posted via Android Central App
Not loose at all, but yet, still soft. Might be harder to pull out of your pocket if you ran around and were a little sweaty. Otherwise, no.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
How does the leather feel? Do you think it's going to be absorbing lots of oil/dirt, or does it feel more resilient?
Like a broken-in baseball glove. I think it would absorb oil/dirt, but that can be an attractive quality, depending on how you look at it. It's not for me, but I think it's still pretty cool.

erikiksaz

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Like a broken-in baseball glove. I think it would absorb oil/dirt, but that can be an attractive quality, depending on how you look at it. It's not for me, but I think it's still pretty cool.

How has the leather been wearing for you? Does it scratch very easily? Do you think it'll hold up to long time use?

Artlady

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have some leather cream that came with my black leather Coach handbag. I dip a flannel cloth in the cream (sparingly) and rub it around on the leather surface in a circular motion. It perfectly conditions the black leather, without streaks or darkening the black color. Worth trying on the Moto X leather backs, especially black or navy. ??? The natural and cognac... I'm not so sure it wouldn't darken the color.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trojann2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Which backplates are soft touch and which are hard and slippery? Were you able to see them all at the event? I was bummed when I ended up ordering one that wasn't soft touch back when I got my OG Moto X. Thanks!

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are there any gaps or edges that aren't flush with adjacent ones? I'm especially interested in this where the leather ends and the metal begins.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
There is a description on the motomaker site when you choose a back. It will tell you.

Posted via Android Central App