I think I am going to jump the Samsung ship for the new Moto X

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have been going back and forth one getting the Moto X or the Note 4. I have a Note 2 which has been a good performer. Contract is up next month and I developed a case of "I am sick of my phone". Although it is slowing down and no matter how many fart apps I delete, nothing helps. Battery only lasts about 12 hours which is two less then it did two years ago. Although I have a spare new battery, I don't want to make the phone perform better otherwise I can't justify getting something new. My wife says I have the sickness bad when I complain about 12 hour battery life as she is plugging her new I-phone 5S into the charger after five hours of use.
So, I am thinking I need to move to the Moto X . I am seriously annoyed with (and always have been) my smartphone being lousy at what is important to me. One being a phone that isn't a pain in the a$$ to place a call. Two; not having to scroll through three screens just to reply to a text or return a call. I hate being notified of a text message on the lock screen but it doesn't say who its from or the message. Chalk one up for Apple for at least getting that right. I also want a phone that will pair with my Honda. The previous gen MotoX did so I am guessing this one will. Last being a major plus for me is the always listening feature of the the MototX. I really like Google voice but I rarely use it because it requires more effort to get to google voice then it is to just do it manually on the phone. Yes I know you can double tap the home button to get google to pop up but I turned it off because it causes performance issues.
I am afraid the Note 4 will have to many BS features on it. My wife ran through two Galaxy S5's which had to be returned due to lock up issues. Which I believe was because all the bling features. I really don't want to get into phone that has a bunch of sh!t I will never use and be constantly wondering why it can read my heart rate, but can't return a missed call with any ease.

jidery

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. I currently own a Note II and it has gotten so slow over the past couple months, I actually have to reset my phone every couple months to keep it fast. I don't use any of Samsung's ****ty features and touchwiz is a dog. Also, still no 4.4 for my T-Mobile version.

After seeing how a Moto G felt faster than my Note II, I knew I had to get a moto phone. I waited on the new X and ordered it day one.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had anything from sammy other than the S3. That was a nice device but HTC got me the following year. Now its moving on to Moto! No longer care so much about that specs but more so about the user experience. I know a few people with the Moto X 2013 and they loved it. Even if the new Moto X is just a step up its still an upgrade for me and I will take it and run with it!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
You might love it. Using a phone with such a clean version of Android will be quite a breath of fresh air after being stuck with TouchWiz for so long.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I think getting away from Samsung and their desire to destroy Android will be a nice breath of fresh air for you. Not having to deal with the cheapness of touchwiz is going to be great.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just shattered my Moto 2013 a couple days ago. I'm typing on my old Note2 and it's painful. You'll be a Moto fan boy If you try it . I'm going to order the new X. The only problem is that I want one of each color :(

Posted via Android Central App

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried to like Samsung software when I had the Galaxy S III but couldn't get over how much they modified Android. I like knowing that the Moto X is running almost stock Android and will be updated quickly. 4.4.4 worked pretty well for me when I gave the Nexus 5 a test run but I'm really looking forward to Android L and the actionable notifications.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The first generation X is a great phone, so I would expect the 2nd generation X to be even better. I am not finalizing my decision until I take a look at the new Droid Turbo that is to be released in October.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I just shattered my Moto 2013 a couple days ago. I'm typing on my old Note2 and it's painful. You'll be a Moto fan boy If you try it . I'm going to order the new X. The only problem is that I want one of each color :(

You should see if Motorola can replace ur 2013 moto x for free. I read somewhere that Motorola fixes the broken screens of the moto x for those who broke it their first time. I, myself, had them replace my broken griffon dock free of charge after it broke 7 months later. Anyways, you should check it out, and who knows maybe they can ship a new unit of the 2013 for free. If that happens, you can place it on the market for sale before you get the new moto x 2014.

electrofryed

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been going back and forth one getting the Moto X or the Note 4. I have a Note 2 which has been a good performer. Contract is up next month and I developed a case of "I am sick of my phone". Although it is slowing down and no matter how many fart apps I delete, nothing helps. Battery only lasts about 12 hours which is two less then it did two years ago. Although I have a spare new battery, I don't want to make the phone perform better otherwise I can't justify getting something new. My wife says I have the sickness bad when I complain about 12 hour battery life as she is plugging her new I-phone 5S into the charger after five hours of use.
So, I am thinking I need to move to the Moto X . I am seriously annoyed with (and always have been) my smartphone being lousy at what is important to me. One being a phone that isn't a pain in the a$$ to place a call. Two; not having to scroll through three screens just to reply to a text or return a call. I hate being notified of a text message on the lock screen but it doesn't say who its from or the message. Chalk one up for Apple for at least getting that right. I also want a phone that will pair with my Honda. The previous gen MotoX did so I am guessing this one will. Last being a major plus for me is the always listening feature of the the MototX. I really like Google voice but I rarely use it because it requires more effort to get to google voice then it is to just do it manually on the phone. Yes I know you can double tap the home button to get google to pop up but I turned it off because it causes performance issues.
I am afraid the Note 4 will have to many BS features on it. My wife ran through two Galaxy S5's which had to be returned due to lock up issues. Which I believe was because all the bling features. I really don't want to get into phone that has a bunch of sh!t I will never use and be constantly wondering why it can read my heart rate, but can't return a missed call with any ease.
I have to defend Sammy a little. My note3 is lightning fast. They did address the battery life with the note3 as well.

That being said, if you look at my signature, you'll see I'm running motoX OS ported to my phone. You'll also notice I didn't take 4.4. I have major issues with the firmware attempting to lock out my control of my phone. And Sammy s OS has way too much stuff I don't use hogging up space for more important apps and tasks. IMO

Super Nerdified 4.3 Note 3 n900a
X Note
Firenote v16
Alliance v6
bobcatroms awesome theme with my own personal touch.

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I give Motorola thumbs up for not conforming to some unrealistic spec to satisfy some competition checklist.
Look at reviews of the iphone 6 plus.. so they gave it the large screen satisfy that competition spec and then brag about it being 7 mm thick. Yet, being so thin makes it uncomfortable to hold. the standard iphone 6 has the smaller screen and is the same thickness but is easy to hold. Everyone wants perfection but has no realization what that really takes.
I got sucked into the the gee wiz functions of the Note II but then after a few months, I quit using them. Yes the S-pen is a great feature and if you really explore it, you really learn how great it really is. All the other features that Samsung is doing are pretty useless. And on that subject, all the AT&T bloatware is really crap as they are just duplicates of existing features already on the phone. Never have used a single one of them.
So, Motorola has become the android version of Apple and has shaved the BS out of there phones. Granted they don't have the clout to tell the carriers they can't shove there bloatware on there phones. But that may change if more consumers fall out of love with over-skinned over-bloatware'd phones.
So, I am on board with supporting the underdog (Motorola).

dhc8guru

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know when this is coming for VZW? I'm very interested in this phone as a replacement for my Droid Maxx

More then likely within a month... probably being staggered slightly after AT&T so they can fill orders. they just announced the Moto X is also going to be available through Sprint

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
More then likely within a month... probably being staggered slightly after AT&T so they can fill orders. they just announced the Moto X is also going to be available through Sprint

It's not available on Sprint. Motorola confirmed that.

Attachments

• 61920.jpg
    61920.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 194

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
If it wasn't for s pen I would probably dump Samsung for something else too. Maybe the Moto X or maybe I would just wait for the Next Nexus. There is something that I always missed about taking notes manually, and the s pen will put me as close to that as possible using technology. I don't understand Samsung's strategy for rolling out the Note 4. it's nothing different than they have done in the previous years with the Note series, however if Samsung wants to compete with Apple, then they are going to have to start copying some of what they do especially when it comes to marketing and releases. Timing is everything. I am going to stick it out with them because I know they build a high quality rugged phone, something that cannot be said for most if not all other Android phone manufacturers.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49