I'm so close to ordering my Moto X

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm so close to ordering this but I can't seem to pull the trigger! I have a Nexus 5 now and would love to wait for the Nexus 6 but it's sounding like it will be a 5.9" behemoth. What are the arguments for the Moto X 2014 edition over a potential Nexus 6? Let's say they do release a 5.2-5.3" Nexus 6. Will it have any advantages over the Moto X if it's built based on this Moto X? I'm thinking the camera and battery would be the same. I wouldn't be able to use moto maker and would have to choose a plain jane black version.

Maybe I'll just buy the Moto X and if the Nexus blows me away I can do the phone shuffle and sell this and get that but I love some features of the Moto X over the nexus too. Notifications and always listening are great!

Moto X - Pure Edition with T-Mobile SIM
Memory - 32 GB

Back - Royal Blue

Front - Black

Trim - Royal Blue

Availability: Backorder Oct 9, 2014

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The voice controls sound cool and the notifications sound really useful. Either way like you guys the X was an upgrade from the M7.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
For me, it's all about the Moto enhanced features (Touchless Control, Active Display, Assist, etc., to use the "old names"). If they're available on the Nexus 6, then it just comes down to preferences on screen size and customizability. Sure, the N6 has a huge battery, but battery isn't a problem for me on the Moto X, as I've documented on other threads.

Frankly, I've finally found my perfect screen size with the 5.2" new X, so I'd personally have no interest in moving to Shamu even if it does offer the Moto enhanced features. And customizability is a nice-to-have for me, not a must-have.