Moto X 2014 Show Off Your Homescreen

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Show Off Your Homescreen

I am totally addicted/dependent on the Google Now screen of the GN launcher. Don't want to take this too off-topic, but a question for those using Nova and other third party launchers: Can you use GN widgets with Nova/other launchers? If so, from a functionality standpoint, how do GN widgets compare to the GN launcher page? Is there anything the GN page can do that can't be done with a GN widget? Any noticeable battery usage difference? Thx.

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

I am totally addicted/dependent on the Google Now screen of the GN launcher. Don't want to take this too off-topic, but a question for those using Nova and other third party launchers: Can you use GN widgets with Nova/other launchers? If so, from a functionality standpoint, how do GN widgets compare to the GN launcher page? Is there anything the GN page can do that can't be done with a GN widget? Any noticeable battery usage difference? Thx.

No stutter or lag with Nova Launcher. Smooth animation and transitions, can be set to be faster. Any widgets that can be used on the GN Launcher can be used on Nova.
BTW, here's something that I've noticed. GN Launcher is only installed on AT&T version and it runs nice and smooth. The Verizon version comes installed with the Moto Launcher 3, but if you install the GN Launcher on it, you might notice a slight hiccup transitioning from the Homepage to the Google Now page on the left.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

No stutter or lag with Nova Launcher. Smooth animation and transitions, can be set to be faster. Any widgets that can be used on the GN Launcher can be used on Nova.
BTW, here's something that I've noticed. GN Launcher is only installed on AT&T version and it runs nice and smooth. The Verizon version comes installed with the Moto Launcher 3, but if you install the GN Launcher on it, you might notice a slight hiccup transitioning from the Homepage to the Google Now page on the left.

I notice the stutter with the side scroll Google now screen on every phone. That's why I don't like GN launcher

Posted via Android Central App

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I notice the stutter with the side scroll Google now screen on every phone. That's why I don't like GN launcher

Posted via Android Central App

Hmm... It's perfectly smooth on my Nexus 7. Really want to replicate my N7 setup (or at least all GN functions via widgets) on whatever new phone I get. (Waiting for Droid Turbo and N5 refresh (if it happens) before pulling trigger.)

dst3r

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I love the time / date / weather widget design on your home page, and bought Zooper. Quick question if you don't mind: how did you get your text to be all CAPS? I can't seem to get that to work, and it's my preferred font option too... Thanks in advance.

Do you have 'Text Conversion Mode' set to Uppercase? Changing that should work if you are using regular Text as I am. If you're using Rich Text, you need to use the markup code and wrap it with the text uppercase tags ex: [tu]Text to convert[/tu]

Hope this helps...

richhoops

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Here's mine, using stock launcher with a few widgets and home made icons to give it some customisation

Clock is timely (obvs)
Weather widgets are "weather timeline"
Used power widgets to get the line of 7 icons (with home made small white icons)
Changed the WhatsApp icon to trim off the white line just because I prefer it!

Love this phone!

2015-05-14 16.03.41.jpg

tostler

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine.

Widgets: Digital Clock Xperia, BeWeather Pro, Resizable Cal Widget, Final Countdown and Simple Moon Phase Widget.
Underneath is Muzei with the 500px plug in.
Screenshot_2015-05-15-09-11-40[1].jpg

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
My homepage. Using Dashclock widget

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 23211.jpg
    23211.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Made my own zooper widget
Minima live wallpaper
Velur icon pack

Zooper gestures:
*Tap on area between widget and icons = screen off
*tap on date = calendar
*tap weather icon = zooper settings
*tap on time = clock app
*tap left of time= zooper refresh (mainly weather)
*tap above weather icon = Minima live wallpaper settings

Nova launcher
*Swipe down = notification shade
*Swipe up = other side of notification shade (settings)
*Swipe on Google Music icon = greenify my apps
*Swipe on all apps icon = greenify + shut off screen
*Swipe on AC App icon = launches play store
*Swipe on flashlight app icon= launches nighttime dim screen mode app

And more :)

Attachments

• 55936.jpg
    55936.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 70

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone actually pay for nova prime? I'm wondering what I could be missing out on.

Beside supporting programmers that put in a lot of effect and hard work....

Nova Launcher Prime
Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
  • Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
  • Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
  • Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
  • Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
  • Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
  • More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw

Johnny Barbrarelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Have you purchased the launcher yourself? I see a lot of copy and paste there. I'll support a programmer if the polished product is worth it. It's not like they made the basic program for free because they had to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34