11-01-2014 10:07 PM
43 12
tools
    I tried an otterbox case and its too bulk . Tried the Verizon snap on she's/holster combo. Don't like the texture or the fact that it doesn't have a cut out for one of the back mics. So for now I'm going without a case and so far I love it.

Anyone else going naked?
    10-12-2014 05:58 PM
    I've heard because of the glass it will shatter with even a small drop. I'll have a tpu case on mine.
    10-12-2014 06:14 PM
    I did on my og moto x. And plan to do the same with the new one. Can't say enough about the build quality.
    10-12-2014 06:15 PM
    I hate cases. But I feel like I need something in the new X. Its a little slippery to hold. I love the phone, but am very worried about a bad drop. I had my first yesterday in a parking lot. But no visible damage.
    10-12-2014 06:27 PM
    I go without a case the vast majority of the time. But I got the awesome bumper case from the Moto site and will use that when I'm in busy/risky environments. This thing is too darn sexy to cover it up unless it's absolutely necessary.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-12-2014 06:33 PM
    I want to go naked, but I'm scared. I bought the Supcase Unicorn a week before I purchased the phone. It works for me. Minimal bulk and makes holding the phone much better.
    10-12-2014 07:41 PM
    I never go nekked on a smart phone....I work in an environment that will break a phone in my pocket if given the chance to I went with this case

http://www.amazon.com/LARCADE-Bundle...cUvbUpU3956320

I got a blue one nice cause its got grips on the sides and its not real bulky except in the area of the kickstand...and even than its not that uncomfortable........even comes with a screen protector but i ordered ones that will allow the infrared sensors on the bottom to work.......
    peteygrizz likes this.
    10-12-2014 07:56 PM
    I'm going naked. I bought the Moto insurance just so I don't have to worry about the phone so much. I might end up rocking a bumper, but I paid extra to have a sexy wood back. Covering the phone with a case would be sad.
    10-12-2014 08:00 PM
    Never put a case on any of my phones and never had a mishap. Just take care of your phone like the expensive piece of technology it is and you'll be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2014 08:29 PM
    I went a week without a case on mine but I have one of the colored plastic backs and it was just too slippery. Does seem a shame to mute the nice color though.

dmark44 likes this.
    10-12-2014 09:12 PM
    I got the insurance from Moto just because I don't plan on covering it up. We'll see how that goes...
    10-13-2014 01:01 AM
    I just got a Diztronic case for now! Feels to new to wanna feel like I will break it. But I love my Ebony back!
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-13-2014 05:40 AM
    I usually do go with a case but for the past few weeks I've been using my 2013 Moto X naked. I forgot how nice this phone is without a case!

As for my 2014 Moto X, I bought the Hula bumper case from Motorola's website. I think it's a nice middle-ground between protecting the phone but also seeing the pretty wooden back!
    dmark44, dj ozone and huntnyc like this.
    10-13-2014 07:11 AM
    So far no case. I etsyed a crocheted phone sock for when it's in my purse - can't scratch the wood back. I got the Moto insurance and I'll just be careful.

I will say, husband has already dropped his and the screen would have shattered without his tempered glass screen cover. As it is one of the unprotected corners did shatter. He ordered a Hula bumper and we'll probably send hiss back for replacement and he'll never take the bump case off again.

10-13-2014 08:04 AM
    There aren't many options at the Verizon store. No tpu cases at all. I have insurance so I'll be going naked for now
    10-13-2014 08:24 AM
    Definitely. As for the phone, I don't think I'm going to put a case on that, either.

someguy01234 and sharkita like this.
    10-13-2014 09:58 AM
    Hi,

When any of you have an opportunity could you please post a picture of your case both on and off the phone? I'm probably going with no case, but using one isn't out of the question though.

Thanks
    10-13-2014 12:20 PM
    I'm not sure why I'd go to the effort to customize my phone only to cover it up. If I wanted a blah phone customized with a case, I would have stuck with the GS5.

I pay insurance for the clumsy. If it breaks, I'm happy to take advantage, otherwise I paid for nothing.

el yayo likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:05 PM

I pay insurance for the clumsy. If it breaks, I'm happy to take advantage, otherwise I paid for nothing.

I'm sure you know since you are covered, but those who are not familiar with insurance, even if you're paying for insurance (most companies) and the phone gets damaged, you still have to pay a deductible (can vary depending on insurance company).

For instance, moto insurance I think is $85 for 2 years, however, for each occurrence in which you want to use your insurance, you pay $40 (if I remember correctly).

So, someone without insurance accidentally breaks screen, cost can be $100 to replace.
    Someone with insurance accidentally breaks screen, paid $85 to be covered, add $40 for the occurrence, that's $125 to repair same screen. However if you happen to break screen more than once, insurance route will pay off, screen breaks twice, $165 (insurance) vs $200 (no insurance).

I need to look up moto's policy again, though I think they allow up to 3 times if I remember.

Plus, each insurance company will work differently.. High premium, low deductible or low premium higher deductible.
    10-13-2014 10:57 PM
    I can't put a case on this phone. I considered ordering the red bumper from motorola but part of what I love is the feel of the metal frame. No case here. Can't do it. I do have insurance tho.
    10-14-2014 12:44 AM
    Yep. Phone insurance is just like auto and other property insurance. It can be costly piece of mind. And your example of broken screen is a good one. I've broken a screen twice, most recently on a Droid DNA, would have been much more than $100 to replace the screen. It seems that in many of today's devices the screen and digitizer are constructed to be one panel increasing the cost. The downside of improved performance and experience is increased complexity and cost to repair.

In the end, even a $50 case would be cheaper than the insurance, at least in the case of a damaged phone...it doesn't help if the phone has been lost or stolen. For those looking into coverage, if loss is a concern, make sure the coverage you are getting includes it.
    sharkita and Green_Laser like this.
    10-14-2014 07:56 AM
    I decided to just go with a light case and film screen protector for now. Dizttonic case + Illumisheld SP. Great combo and it didn't break the bank!
    10-14-2014 08:01 AM
    I can't put a case on this phone. I considered ordering the red bumper from motorola but part of what I love is the feel of the metal frame. No case here. Can't do it. I do have insurance tho.
    Agreed, I don't understand why people buy these awesome customized phones and then put crappy plastic cases on them. Those clear cases look terrible. Its like looking into a sandwich bag.

10-14-2014 08:21 AM
    Yep. Phone insurance is just like auto and other property insurance. It can be costly piece of mind. And your example of broken screen is a good one. I've broken a screen twice, most recently on a Droid DNA, would have been much more than $100 to replace the screen. It seems that in many of today's devices the screen and digitizer are constructed to be one panel increasing the cost. The downside of improved performance and experience is increased complexity and cost to repair.

In the end, even a $50 case would be cheaper than the insurance, at least in the case of a damaged phone...it doesn't help if the phone has been lost or stolen. For those looking into coverage, if loss is a concern, make sure the coverage you are getting includes it.
    Excellent points!

About the screen+digitizer combo - good to know. I'm not up to date on that topic being still on a Thunderbolt. (on a side note, sister was on Thunderbolt long too, insurance gave her DNA - she really likes it).

That is very true and important. If already paying for insurance, I'd definitely make sure it covers 'loss of phone' too.
    10-14-2014 08:37 AM
    I went in and got a screen protector and case with clear back and tpu edges. The dude was man handling my phone trying to get air bubbles out. He was really pressing in the screen. Then to get the case on he we pushing on the edges pretty hard. Any chance this could cause structural damage?
    10-15-2014 07:00 PM
43 12