External Battery Pack

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used an external battery with the moto x and had issues.

I recently got the below model, and while connected the x initially charges but then part way through the charge stops. If I disconnect and reconnect the cable the x may start charging again but only briefly.

I replaced the unit and the same. Afterward I tried on another phone and that seems to charge fine. Is it something with the battery pack or the x?

http://m.staples.com/touch/product.html#239826

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I recently got the below model, and while connected the x initially charges but then part way through the charge stops. If I disconnect and reconnect the cable the x may start charging again but only briefly.

I replaced the unit and the same. Afterward I tried on another phone and that seems to charge fine. Is it something with the battery pack or the x?

If it's working with other devices then it may be the X, but I don't know what that would be. When it stops charging, what's the battery level?

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
From low battery the x charges to mid 30's percent and stops charging....unplug and plug in battery pack and x charges for a few minutes and stops charging again

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe try a different cable? I experienced where the supplied cable to charge the battery pack works fine to charge it but if I use the same cable to charge transfer charge to the phone, nothing happens. I swap to the OEM usb cable and charging works fine.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I actually had something similar happen today. Used ps3 to charge phone it made it close to 30% and then stopped charging and even unplugging and plugging back in didn't start up again.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
A 2200 battery pack at 5V means very few cells, which means a slow rated discharge. It's possible that the battery management system in such a small pack is simply kicking in to prevent battery overheating or damage. The T2200 is rated at a max discarge of 1A, and for $7 you probably aren't buying a very sophisticated battery management system.

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The capacity matches that of the x so I thought it would be good for a full charge but if it's not up to snuff so be it.

Any experience using a power pack with the x or suggestions, something small and inexpensive but that works.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
For power packs you want at least 500-1000mah more then what your battery is. The only way you get a full charge with a equal sized battery is if you shut phone off. Otherwise your looking at maybe 60% charged usually.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Any experience using a power pack with the x or suggestions, something small and inexpensive but that works.
I got one of these based on a recommendation on this forum. I am impressed. It recharged my Moto X from around 20% to 96% in less than an hour
6732036cv2a.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Last edited:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have had a New Trent 9900mah battery pack for just over 3 years now. It has worked flawlessly with every device I have ever charged with it. It has two USB ports on it. 1 is a 1.0 amp and one is a 2.1 amp. It will charge two devices at the same time and will charge my Moto X fully from 0 to 100% in the same amount of time the stock charger does. I have had it in my work bag for the entire time. I work outside for a living % my bag gets banged around pretty good on a regular basis, it has held up very well.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I used to have the mophie juice pack Powerstation for my Moto X... The main issue I ran into was the power Penguin charge my phone past half charged meaning when my phone was at seven percent battery and it was a 1360 mAh battery pack it wouldn't charge it past 25% battery and I knew I could get 45% of battery out of that battery pack... Although, in my case, it was a bad battery pack, which I returned back to my office because I couldn't take it anymore. And unfortunately even though I absolutely love my mother asks, I was planning on buying the new Moto X I just can't deal with that 2300 mAh battery so, what I'm going to do is looking at the Sony Xperia Z 3 v which still has a stock near Android setup Thank God

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The capacity matches that of the x so I thought it would be good for a full charge but if it's not up to snuff so be it.

Someone here rec'd me a rav power, I got the 3200 and it's perfect for what I need. Reasonable speed, small, and a full charge, although I've never charged from absolute zero but have no doubt that it would.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0084...20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3976339#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Before that I had a $10 one rated 2600, got about a 50% charge and it charged so slow.

Also look at the Anker version, which is another that was rec'd to me. I actually wanted that one but it was $2 more so I went with the rav.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2