Moto X 2014 Play store forcing me to update apps over WiFi

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have my setting in the play store to allow me to download over the mobile network, so why am I getting the "file size too big, can only download over WiFi" error?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Play store forcing me to update apps over WiFi

So when you open Play Store, go to its settings, and tap Auto Update, it's currently set to "Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply"? Just want to make sure we're on the same page here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Another silly question--you're sure this isn't an app that wants to auto-update through the Amazon Appstore, right?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Some apps only download over wifi. Like some games and most apps set limitations if they are above normal size. It is simply to keep people from going over there data. Why not download over wifi? You don't have access to one?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I have this same issue. Have not seen this before. Not a big deal other than when I somewhere without wifi and trying to install something new.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Some apps only download over wifi. Like some games and most apps set limitations if they are above normal size. It is simply to keep people from going over there data. Why not download over wifi? You don't have access to one?

Never once had this issue with the old Moto X with these apps downloading over 4G. Most of the time I am not on WiFi, but thanks for the presumptuous response.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I think a size limit is set. I know Amazon sets one and I do believe the Play Store does too.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I think I figured it out but cant duplicate it. Somehow the google play app with the option to open/uninstall came up, and then a setting to only download apps of a certain size over WiFi was checked. Once I unchecked seemed to work fine, but I can't get there again for the life of me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar