One area that my Lumia 920 is better than my new Moto X .... Screen Unlock!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am new to Android, so please let me know if the unlock screen can be customized to get rid of this nonsense.

On my Lumia 920, once I entered my 4 digit PIN, I didn't have to hit "Enter" to unlock my phone. If my PIN was correct, the phone would unlock, if my PIN was wrong, the phone would tell me to try again.

On my Moto X however, I have to enter my PIN and then hit "Enter" ... This is only one more digit, but my god it's annoying since it's unnecessary and I'm already used to a better system.

Is there anyway to remove this requirement to hit "Enter" for screen unlock? Furthermore, when I use my Wake Up phrase, is there an option to bypass the screen unlock? Kinda defeats the purpose of voice control if you have to dictate your PIN to the phone.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Android, so please let me know if the unlock screen can be customized to get rid of this nonsense.

On my Lumia 920, once I entered my 4 digit PIN, I didn't have to hit "Enter" to unlock my phone. If my PIN was correct, the phone would unlock, if my PIN was wrong, the phone would tell me to try again.

On my Moto X however, I have to enter my PIN and then hit "Enter" ... This is only one more digit, but my god it's annoying since it's unnecessary and I'm already used to a better system.

Is there anyway to remove this requirement to hit "Enter" for screen unlock? Furthermore, when I use my Wake Up phrase, is there an option to bypass the screen unlock? Kinda defeats the purpose of voice control if you have to dictate your PIN to the phone.

4 digit minimum... so is the device suppose to assume you only have 4 digits... no. Consider it additional security. And no, that might be the way Windows does their loose security, but now how Android does it.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

--------------------------------------------------------Welcome to android! :)--------------------------------------------------------------

But try to download a new locker like lumia locker? iphone locker? go locker? cover beta?

BruceWeber

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have gone from iPhone > Galaxy S3 > Nokia 928 > GS3 > Nokia 928 and now back to Moto X. Let me just say...I feel your pain. You get in the habit of doing something one way, and to through in an extra step that just seems to ruin your day. But I expect after a week or two of hitting enter, it will become 2nd nature.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------Welcome to android! :)--------------------------------------------------------------

But try to download a new locker like lumia locker? iphone locker? go locker? cover beta?

Wow, you mean to say I can change the stock locker on Android? Man, I just keep getting good news everyday, I love how I'm in total control.

Do these new lockers require me to root my phone or are they just apps?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
4 digit minimum... so is the device suppose to assume you only have 4 digits... no. Consider it additional security. And no, that might be the way Windows does their loose security, but now how Android does it.

Wow you're right, the unlock code doesn't necessarily have to be 4 digits; hmm this implementation definitely makes more sense now. Still, I'd argue 4 digits provides enough of a sample size (10,000 possibilities) that it's improbable that your passcode can be guessed.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow you're right, the unlock code doesn't necessarily have to be 4 digits; hmm this implementation definitely makes more sense now. Still, I'd argue 4 digits provides enough of a sample size (10,000 possibilities) that it's improbable that your passcode can be guessed.

True enough, and if you miss it 10 times you will wipe all your personal information on your device. And yes, I did forget to mention there are plenty of 3rd party apps out there on the Play Store that could replace the existing on almost any device... however, I have not checked any of them out since I like what I have now... and I don't know what issues might arise from using any of them.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, you mean to say I can change the stock locker on Android? Man, I just keep getting good news everyday, I love how I'm in total control.

Do these new lockers require me to root my phone or are they just apps?

Just apps :) like launchers :)

Want windows look? download fake WP8 launcher :)

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

the fastest easiesr way ive found is to set up pattern lock . you just slide your finger across 4 dots in a row and it unlocks. it don't really get any better than that

dst3r

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If/when root is available...Xposed with GravityBox allows you to set it such that you don't have to press enter, it'll just unlock with the proper PIN or password. Kinda miss that feature now...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer