Works fine with text messages and WhatsApp ... However, emails (gmail in particular) is equally important yet for some reason it will never show up on my Active Display.

If it matters, my gmail sync settings are set to "Push" ... What do I have to do to get this working the right way?

Thanks.
    10-20-2014 12:22 PM
    Do you have Gmail (and any other app you want) selected on the 'Select Apps' in the 'Display' section of the Moto App? Moto>Display>Select Apps
    akin_t likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:25 PM
    Do you have Gmail (and any other app you want) selected on the 'Select Apps' in the 'Display' section of the Moto App? Moto>Display>Select Apps
    Yep. First thing I checked.

I'm just at a loss as to why this is happening. It works with everything else but gmail.
    10-20-2014 12:27 PM
    Sorry, another stupid question. Is notifications on under the Gmail settings. Under settings, its the second one listed with your email address. Third one down on that menu. After that I'm lost.
    akin_t likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:31 PM
    Sorry, another stupid question. Is notifications on under the Gmail settings. Under settings, its the second one listed with your email address. Third one down on that menu. After that I'm lost.
    Yeah that's on too. I'm new to Android, once I figure out how to screen shot, I can post all my settings here so someone can help me figure it out.

It's just annoying. One more question for you though ... When I receive a text message, should the Messaging icon (i.e. the green smiley face on the home screen) change to let me know I have unread messages? You know similar to WP and iOS (there's a number next to the unread messages).

On my Moto X I get the notification for messages on my active display and on my notifications bar, but not on the screen ... Is this normal?
    10-20-2014 12:40 PM
    Okay, I have figured it out.

To anyone else who may have this issue .. Under "Inbox, sound, & vibrate" you have to enable "sync messages" (mine was set to none, so I set it to 30 days)... Not sure why syncing needs to be enabled in two different places, but this seemed to have solved this issue for me.
    10-20-2014 01:09 PM
    Yeah that's on too. I'm new to Android, once I figure out how to screen shot, I can post all my settings here so someone can help me figure it out.

It's just annoying. One more question for you though ... When I receive a text message, should the Messaging icon (i.e. the green smiley face on the home screen) change to let me know I have unread messages? You know similar to WP and iOS (there's a number next to the unread messages).

On my Moto X I get the notification for messages on my active display and on my notifications bar, but not on the screen ... Is this normal?
    If I understand you correctly about whether the icon changes on your home screen when you have an unread text or email, the answer is no. You will see a little envelope or green smiley face in your notification bar (upper lefthand corner) when you have unread messages, but the icons on the bottom of your home screen do not change - at least not with the standard Google launcher. I've never used Nova or any other launcher, so I am not aware if this behavior changes with one of them or not, but I'm guessing not.
    akin_t likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:10 PM
    Okay, I have figured it out.

To anyone else who may have this issue .. Under "Inbox, sound, & vibrate" you have to enable "sync messages" (mine was set to none, so I set it to 30 days)... Not sure why syncing needs to be enabled in two different places, but this seemed to have solved this issue for me.
    Interesting! I just checked my Gmail settings, and I do have "sync messages" checked, but I don't remember ever checking it.
    akin_t likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:14 PM