Moto X 2014 MMS picture quality

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Sent wife's new X a picture I took (with my new x) via mms (I sent through hangouts she received thru vzw msgs app)

Wife's phone shows it very grainy, much lower quality while my phone shows it very sharp and clear

Tried other way around, sent a picture from her phone (vzw msgs) to my phone (received in hangout), Dame situation, a picture she took and sent on her phone is great quality, though the one sent through the network gets beat-up somehow.

Any ideas, settings I may be missing out on?

Try it.

Also had cousin with iPhone send pic via mms and it looks beat-up in quality too.

Any ideas?

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm this but I think its hangouts related rather than the fault of the moto x. I had the same issue with note 3 and original moto x as well as the 2014 moto x

Posted via the Android Central App

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: MMS picture quality

I can confirm this but I think its hangouts related rather than the fault of the moto x. I had the same issue with note 3 and original moto x as well as the 2014 moto x

Thanks, so you are saying when I send out pics using hangouts app (for mms), hangout lowers quality when sending?
And then when msgs with pics come in via hangouts the pics also are reduced?

So strange.

I need to see if I set Verizon msgs as default, send and receive to/from my wife if also happens.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

@Green_Laser Any problems with Verizon msgs integrating with the Moto voice and notification apps? Thx.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Is there degrading of the picture properties? Should not be but who knows. The file size, dpi, and jpg compression value on the received picture should match the original? If not some where in the process the picture was degraded. Finding what if anything changed might give a clue as to where and why?

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I use hangouts and don't have this problem on my 2013 Moto X. I receive photos form iPhone users too with no issue. I don't know anyone on Verizon though.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Is there degrading of the picture properties? Should not be but who knows. The file size, dpi, and jpg compression value on the received picture should match the original? If not some where in the process the picture was degraded. Finding what if anything changed might give a clue as to where and why?

Thanks, I should definitely run both pics through an EXIF viewer and compare. I'll do later

AfroPope

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site

Bumping. I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks. Incoming MMS are maxed out at about 30kb. Same problem whether I use Messenger, hangouts, stock MMS, or Verizon messenger. Happens whether the photo I'm being sent is taken with an iPhone or an Android (a friend with a Note 4 has particularly crappy-looking photos).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay