Moto X 2014 Have anyone had this happen to them while trying to place a order

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am finally ready to order my Moto x 2nd gen, I have a contract on ATT. when I log into my account. ATT says that I am eligible for a upgrade. So I made my phone on motomaker> selected ATT as the carrier>chose >upgrade an existing line or contract> Got to the part where it checks for your ATT account and it will not let me pass because it says "upgrade not eligible for account" or something like that. I'm sort of at a lost. Do I need to contact Motorola or ATT? They are saying two different things. I honestly never thought of this stopping me from getting the phone :[

jerzrunr

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Have anyone had this happen to them while trying to place a order

this may not be helpful, but I had to get a PIN code from Verizon because I was on a corporate plan. Then I used that to order the phone on motomaker. it took several calls between VZW and Motorola to get it right, though.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Are you eligible for an early upgrade from ATT? (I don't have ATT so forgive me if it's not possible) You may be able to upgrade from ATT but not a 3rd party retail. That's happened to me on VZW before.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure if that will work for me since I am just a standard user but I will check thank you

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Are you eligible for an early upgrade from ATT? (I don't have ATT so forgive me if it's not possible) You may be able to upgrade from ATT but not a 3rd party retail. That's happened to me on VZW before.

I think it's an early upgrade? My contract ends Dec 2015, How did you get around it on VZW? I'm wondering how so many people are able to change every few months when a new one comes out and I can't even change one time hahah

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I think it's an early upgrade? My contract ends Dec 2015, How did you get around it on VZW? I'm wondering how so many people are able to change every few months when a new one comes out and I can't even change one time hahah

I had an early upgrade with Verizon. In order to get the new moto, I had to call Verizon to get a PIN to use on the website. 3rd party websites are unable to process early upgrades (this includes Apple, Motorola and even best buy). I would call AT&T, tell them which GB you want, 16 or 32, then they will process it on their end and send you a code in your email.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd. Gen)

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I had an early upgrade with Verizon. In order to get the new moto, I had to call Verizon to get a PIN to use on the website. 3rd party websites are unable to process early upgrades (this includes Apple, Motorola and even best buy). I would call AT&T, tell them which GB you want, 16 or 32, then they will process it on their end and send you a code in your email.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd. Gen)

Thank you for responding. I have another question about the pin code. in your case where you buying the phone out right? or trying to get ti for $99.99? It seems like I would need to have a pin as well. and i'm going back and forth between motorola and att. I talked to motorola live chat and they told me to contact att. then i spent like 45 minutes with ATT live chat and they told me to call moto care. Not sure how moto care can help

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Well no moto x 2014 upgrade for me I guess. Motorola told me to call and get a pin from ATT. i called ATT and they have no clue what i'm talking about. Maybe its Gods way of saying I personally dont need the upgrade -.-. Will save my money for a GTX EVGA 970 I guess =/

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Well no moto x 2014 upgrade for me I guess. Motorola told me to call and get a pin from ATT. i called ATT and they have no clue what i'm talking about. Maybe its Gods way of saying I personally dont need the upgrade -.-. Will save my money for a GTX EVGA 970 I guess =/

I had an early Edge upgrade so I had to call Verizon. AT&T should be able to do this for you as well. A lot of representatives are clueless when it comes to this. If you call AT&T and they verify with you that you are indeed eligible for an early upgrade (I'm assuming a NEXT upgrade and not a contract since yours doesn't end for over a year). Once they confirm with this with you, tell them you would like to use the upgrade for a MotoMaker Moto X - Designed by You (16 or 32gb). If you are indeed eligible, they should process the order and you are now done dealing with AT&T as in a few minutes to a hour or so you should receive a PIN code from Motorola in your email.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response:) I might give att a call again, the agent I spoke with was very nice and tried to help to their best ability. they even put me on hold to call moto but of course was on hold for to long.

Posted via the Android Central App
From Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad