I currently have an original Moto X on Sprint and am considering jumping ship to Verizon and switching either to a 2014 X or the Droid Turbo.

One thing that has always bothered me on my X is the lack of control over photo and video sizes. When you try to e-mail a photo on an iPhone, you have the option to send the photo in small, medium, large, or original size. The Moto X supposedly downsizes for you, but I almost never can e-mail a video clip longer than 10 seconds; photos almost always are 2-3 MB. Given the increased MPs on the 2014 X and the Turbo, I am wondering if this is an even bigger problem.

Thanks
    11-03-2014 10:06 AM
    To address the video issue--iPhones can send full videos because they use iMessage, a proprietary system. On Android, the analogous way to send videos would be to send via Hangouts, which essentially uploads your video privately to your Google+ Photo album, then shares that link with the specified person. You can do the same with photos.
    11-03-2014 11:26 AM
    To add to B Diddy's comment, besides hangouts which is great and I use too), if you use whatsapp (which is also compatible among android, iPhone, BB, windows) you can send a video to a group of people or a single person, whatsapp will automatically reduce the quality so that you can share whole video, and you can also edit (shorten) the video before sending too, so that you share the best part of a video. I've shared videos of 2mb and of 20+mb
    dmark44 and B. Diddy like this.
    11-03-2014 11:30 AM
    I use an app called "Resize Me!" for photos. The Play Store description explains how to resize a single photo attachment at a time directly in your email app.

If you need to batch multiple images, you can resize them in the app (Pro version) and then find them in an album named xnResize.

Sent from my Moto X
    Green_Laser and B. Diddy like this.
    11-05-2014 03:43 PM
    I use an app called "Resize Me!" for photos. The Play Store description explains how to resize a single photo attachment at a time directly in your email app.

If you need to batch multiple images, you can resize them in the app (Pro version) and then find them in an album named xnResize.

Sent from my Moto X
    thanks!
    good to know!
    11-05-2014 06:09 PM