Message app

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
What is the difference in messages and Verizon messages? I have used handcent in the past, but was going to try these out.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference in messages and Verizon messages? I have used handcent in the past, but was going to try these out.

One comes with Android, and the other is unnecessary Verizon bloat? That's my guess, but then I'm not stuck on Verizon. I'd use either the stock app, Hangouts, or Handcent if it were me. Nothing good can come from a redundant carrier app.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Messages+ is a VZW sms app. Advantages are it will work and sync with wifi-only devices and has a portal on the VZW website bringing your phone's sms to your computer. I use it on my phone, my 2103 wifi Nexus 7 and have a pinned tab in my web browser to have sync'd sms everywhere.

Disadvantage: Trying to sleep at night after using and actually liking a VZW product.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I also use in on my Nexus 7 tablet. I really like the app, but I still prefer Evolve or the stock message app on my X. Works excellent on a wifi-only device like a tablet tho.

marki86

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I prefer Handcent. It just is no longer working with moto assist. I love having texts read to me while driving.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My needs are pretty basic, person-to-person texting with occasional photo attachments. It's not rocket science and I don't need bells and whistles. M+ gets that job done and works with Moto Voice. I'll worry about optimizing more important things.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance