Is there simultaneous voice and data on the Pure edition?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I asked the fellow in the T-Mobile store and he didn't seem to know. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My data and voice work at the same time. However your data will not be LTE fast and phone drops LTE while on the phone.

I am using the XT1095 on ATT.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
My data and voice work at the same time. However your data will not be LTE fast and phone drops LTE while on the phone.

I am using the XT1095 on ATT.

Interesting. Does it drop to 3G then?

Posted via a mobile device, of course

Shirish Bhide

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes I will drop to 3G speeds until they enable voice over LTE

I have the XT1095 (Pure Edition - Android 5.0) on AT&T only for a couple of days and notice the same thing which causes me voice call problems.

At location 1:
Data works perfectly with "LTE" sign showing.
The moment I dial a number to make a call, the "LTE" changes to "H". Very often the signal strength bars for to zero and the call does not go through.

At another location, the same process happens until the switch to "H". But there, the signal strength is better with "H" and I do not have issues with phone calls.

At location 1, I have used a galaxy S3 without ever facing such issues and also an iphone5 without any issues either.

Anyone seen this problem with AT&T and found a solution?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the XT1095 (Pure Edition - Android 5.0) on AT&T only for a couple of days and notice the same thing which causes me voice call problems.

At location 1:
Data works perfectly with "LTE" sign showing.
The moment I dial a number to make a call, the "LTE" changes to "H". Very often the signal strength bars for to zero and the call does not go through.

At another location, the same process happens until the switch to "H". But there, the signal strength is better with "H" and I do not have issues with phone calls.

At location 1, I have used a galaxy S3 without ever facing such issues and also an iphone5 without any issues either.

Anyone seen this problem with AT&T and found a solution?

AT&T Mobility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AT&T runs HSPA on 850MHz and 1900MHz, while LTE is on 700MHz across the country with the other bands just providing more bandwidth. The only thing I can think of is you're in an area where they are running HSPA on 1900MHz. Since the 700MHz LTE travels further, you'll get coverage in areas you won't pick up the 1900MHz HSPA. You could try forcing the phone to 2G and see if you pick up an 850MHz EDGE signal there.

Also, as a general note for all GSM carriers, keep in mind that you don't just drop to HSPA+, you're stuck on HSPA during phone calls. So it's closer to traditional 3G than it is the "3.5G" we've become accustomed to.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have also been noticing the "H" on phone calls on AT&T, but I have not had any problems with dropped calls.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Pure Edition on Verizon? When looking at specs, I was under the impression the PE wouldn't work on Verizon period, let alone get VoLTE.

The Pure Edition does NOT work on Verizon... plenty of Verizon people are very confused and love to jump into Pure Edition threads and say how great their device is. Verizon is working on VoLTE, but they have said they will not have it ready before 2015 and will be limited at first on only a few devices.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
The Pure Edition does NOT work on Verizon... plenty of Verizon people are very confused and love to jump into Pure Edition threads and say how great their device is. Verizon is working on VoLTE, but they have said they will not have it ready before 2015 and will be limited at first on only a few devices.
VoLTE is active now on some devices - already rolled out to the Turbo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2