Hi all...
    I just ported back to VZW last night and got the Moto X 2014. Love it so far! Coming from a Nexus 4, this is soooo buttery smooth and fast. My N4 has been acting up the last several months (random reboots/other apps open when ones close/etc).

So I used the Moto Migrate app to transfer my SMS/MMS over and while it "worked"/finished, all my text messages on the Moto X are just the texts of me sending/replying to people. The other people's texts are not even there? It's like it transferred just all MY SMS messages, not the other people(s).

I thought ok, I'll try another... same thing, tried another app, same thing.

I've gone through about 4 different SMS/MMS backup/restore Playstore apps and while 2/4 transferred everything (2 just imported like 1 or 2 threads?!), I am still not getting ANY texts transferred of the other people I had conversations with.

Can anyone help me please?! thanks in advance....
    11-19-2014 02:50 PM
    I am not sure what happened but the migrate process worked great for me. I have also used a couple other apps with success. Wish I could help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-19-2014 03:25 PM
    I am not sure what happened but the migrate process worked great for me. I have also used a couple other apps with success. Wish I could help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanks, no problem. It showed I had like 11k text msgs, and about half were just from my wife over the last year! LOL.. Nothing in there I really needed to save, so I deleted that thread which brought the count down to 5k or so. I didn't know if that was the case, but I even deleted more text threads that brings it down to like 200 and the last 2 apps from Playstore I used still only transferred my side of the conversations. Ugggg!
    11-19-2014 04:38 PM
    I don't know if it will work for you or not, but when I got a replacement for my 2013 X because of a shattered screen I used the Verizon Messages app to transfer my SMS and MMS and it worked great. Again, I don't know if it will install on your old Nexus since it's not a Verizon phone but it's worth looking into. It has a backup and restore feature built into the app. Once you restore your messages to your new phone you can delete the app and use whatever SMS app you prefer.
    11-19-2014 06:38 PM
    Well, actually it worked already, in the stock Android message app I'm using Textra as my sms/mms app and that's where I was having the problems. I just had to go into the Settings/Resynch and then it, I guess, updated from the stock messaging app all the thread conversations and both sides of them.

Sorry, but I appreciate the help guys
    11-20-2014 09:39 AM