how do you create a new photo album

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Gallery or Photos app relies on the actual file directory for its folder names. So I suggest you use a file manager app, go to the Pictures directory, and add a new subdirectory there. Then use the file manager to move your chosen photos to that new subdirectory. When you open the Gallery or Photos app, you should see the new folder listed there, with the corresponding photos.

SamCarterX302

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Agree with B. Diddy-- but be aware that you can create new picture folders/albums in two places: the general Picture folder, as B. Diddy indicates, and the folder located at DCIM/Camera, which is where all pictures actually taken with the default camera app are saved.

Also, if you want to be able to create new albums/folder on your phone without have to connect it to the PC, download a file manager app (which are similar to Windows File Explorer on your computer). I recommend ES File Explorer- highly useful for all your file managing needs (aka looking through the files on your phone without needing a computer+cord at hand).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good points by SamCarterX302. I would go further and say that you can actually create a folder anywhere in the user-accessible directory structure of Internal Storage, and if it has photos in it, the system's Media Scanner will find it and show it in the Gallery, under that directory/folder. The exception would be if there is a file called ".nomedia" in that folder or in a parent folder (which instructs the Media Scanner to ignore the folder and any subfolders). To make things less confusing, it makes sense to create your directories only in the Pictures directory or the /DCIM directory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan