Why did the 'Total space' on my Moto X2 decrease?

Saurya Sengupta

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I own a Moto X (2nd Gen) 16 Gb. The 'Total space' on the phone was 12.7 Gb from the very beginning. While download a large app (900 MB) yesterday, the download suddenly stopped with the 'Insufficient Storage Space' message, and from then on, the Total space has dropped to 10.17 GB. I have tried clearing cache, using 'Clean Master, and all else. What do I do?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. That used to happen to me with my Atrix. Sometimes an app would download just fine, but the phone itself would get all wonky until I deleted an app or two or three. Even though I don't load up my phones with music and pictures, it's one of the reasons why I avoid 16 GB models. I think sometimes either the free space is reported incorrectly, or the size of the app isn't listed accurately when you go to download it. In any case sometimes I just had to do a factory reset to get the Atrix to behave again. Then again, it was an Atrix (those who had one know how "special" that phone was once it got Gingerbread - and not in a good way).

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have around 420 mb left. It says insufficient storage space for every single app. How do I get around that, now?

Android requires 500MB of free space at all times (at least I think that's an android requirement). My old 16GB first gen X was always popping up when trying to update my applications. Very frustrating but I did have like 6gigs of pics on it that I didn't really need so I deleted some to get to 500MB or I would clear the cache and that would usually free up 100MB.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Every 16gb Moto X second gen I've seem has had 10.17gb of usable space. I'm curious if the maybe the higher number was a miss reported one by the phone. Either way it's still frustrating that they even make a 16gb model if they can get even close to that number is usable space. I don't need a lot of space myself but I hate being told 16gb and being given 10gb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel