Hi All,

I wanted to check how your experience has been with using the XT1095 with T Mobile. I am thinking of buying a new Moto X but I have a T Mobile account so wanted to check how good it would be to use Moto X with T Mobile. T Mobile told me they don't sell it themselves and don't modify it to suit their network so it won't have features like Wifi calling which T Mobile has introduced on it's phones. However, I wanted to know how is your general experience with connectivity on the T Mobile network?

The Motorola website mentions that XT1095 has the following bands:
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS), 1900, 2100 MHz)
    4G LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17)

Does this cover all the bands T Mobile uses? One thing I found out is that the 4G LTE band #12 is going to be used by T Mobile for their new 700 MHz spectrum which would be useful for getting better connectivity indoors but band 12 isn't shown above. Also, this website(https://sites.google.com/site/cellul...patible-phones) talks about this in the last paragraph.

Thanks!
    12-01-2014 12:02 PM
    I have the XT1095 (the Pure Edition in the US) and use it on T-Mobile. It works great. I'm able to pull in an LTE signal in places where I wasn't able to get HSPA on my old Nexus 4. I will say that at my work I sometimes fall into a "no signal" zone for some strange reason as reported by battery usage, but I've never noticed it in practical use.

As for Band 12, the only phone that has it right now (as far as I know) is T-Mo's version of the Sony Xperia Z3. I would not sweat the Moto X lacking Band 12. If worse comes to worse, you can always switch to AT&T.
    12-01-2014 02:25 PM
    I have the XT1095 (the Pure Edition in the US) and use it on T-Mobile. It works great. I'm able to pull in an LTE signal in places where I wasn't able to get HSPA on my old Nexus 4. I will say that at my work I sometimes fall into a "no signal" zone for some strange reason as reported by battery usage, but I've never noticed it in practical use.

As for Band 12, the only phone that has it right now (as far as I know) is T-Mo's version of the Sony Xperia Z3. I would not sweat the Moto X lacking Band 12. If worse comes to worse, you can always switch to AT&T.
    I'm almost positive my Note 4 has band 12, which has helped a ton where I'm at.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 04:08 PM
    He even posted a link that shows 6 different phones that support Band 12.

Anyway, the reality is that T-Mobile doesn't own much Band 12 spectrum anyway. They own the spectrum in anywhere that is pink and cannot use it in areas that have a red circle.

https://sites.google.com/site/cellul...-700a-spectrum

I will tell you that I live in an area where T-Mobile owns Band 12 spectrum and I saw no additional LTE coverage when I was using a Note 4. If they have started to activate it they are still at the early stages and do not have it switched on in all the areas they own the spectrum. Though they are still working to buy spectrum in this block they don't have a whole lot so they're not going to rely on it for anything substantial.

If you upgrade frequently (every two years at least) I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are they won't have anything serious up and running until then.
    12-01-2014 04:11 PM
    Hey Citizen Coyote, could you tell me which are in the US you live exactly? I'm in Philadelphia, PA and currently I do face a lot of issues getting T Mobile coverage inside buildings so thought Band 12 with the 700Mhz coverage would be important since it's supposed to help indoor coverage. Do you have issues with the signal indoors apart from work?
    12-01-2014 10:00 PM
    I have the Pure Edition and have no issues with Tmobile. Fast.
    12-01-2014 10:53 PM
    My pure X came with a T mobile sim card. So it's designed to work on Tmobile. If I get a signal I get really fast data, very good voice. Still way too many places w/o signal.
    12-02-2014 04:25 AM
    I'm in Austin, TX. I've never noticed major signal issues indoors, and truth be told my signal at work has never impacted my ability to use the phone. I just notice now and again that the battery stats will report time with no signal, and work is about the only place I can think of where that would happen.
    12-02-2014 12:53 PM
    the T-mobile network is so much more manageable using the moto in comparison to the N4 and S3 that preceded it. I do get somewhat faulty service sometimes but i write that off to network clutter or being on the subway which i cant control.
    12-02-2014 03:45 PM