Hi everyone,
    I finally made the move from my old Nexus 4 to the Moto X 2014 when I switched back to Verizon. Love the phone!!

Two quick questions I can't seem to figure out:
    1: Phone ringer - I go into the settings under Phone->Settings->General Settings->Phone ringtone. Here is where it came with factory 'Moto' ringtone but I put my own .mp3 in the Ringtones folder when I plug it up to my Windows computer. I can set it to the new ringtone, but in a few hours/next day, it just reverts back to the factory 'Moto' ringtone. Grrr, annoying

2: Contact list - It seems this was ok before I upgraded to Lollipop, but now under the same place as above almost, Phone/Settings/General Settings, there used to be a spot to filter out your Contact list for your phone to be just your Google contacts. After Lollipop upgrade, that is gone and all my Facebook/Google contacts are all in there together, so its like 400 contacts vs. 60...ugg.. Help!

Thanks in advance
    12-05-2014 05:20 PM
    For number 1, take the phone back to Verizon (make sure you're well doped up before trying to deal with them, unless you're a masochist) and ask them to fix the problem. It will either be a reflash or a new phone, so back everything up first.

For number 2, no idea.
    12-05-2014 05:39 PM
    Been a while since I set my own ringtone. Let's test something first. There is an app called Zedge on Play. Get that, and set any random ringtone that you like and see if that sticks any longer (hoping it does, supporting my idea of the system doesn't like the file). If it doesn't it may be a bug in the ROM.

For contacts, go into the contacts app, and click the menu button at the upper right (looks like 3 vertical dots). Then click Contacts to display.
    12-05-2014 05:45 PM
    I've never had that issue with the ringtone. Once I set it, it stays, and I have several custom ringtones. However, I do not have Lollipop yet (AT&T - enough said) so I can't help you with your Contacts. It does seem that more people are having to do a factory reset after upgrading to Lollipop than I remember with KitKat, so it might be worth a try. Like Rukbat said, be sure to back everything up first.
    12-05-2014 05:58 PM