Back to moto X

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just want to tell everyone a short little story. I recently did an early upgrade from my Moto X to the Droid trouble. So the total would be great and I'll have high expectations for the 3900 mAh battery Alienware level Smart Phone specs and everything else. The first time phone I received had a software glitch where if you were in an application and you hit the home button the stock Motorola launcher 3 home launcher would crash force close and of course then the phone would receive the black screen of death for about 2 minutes. Try to reset it once same thing happened. And the battery didn't last more than 18 hours on my conservative usage. I have to deal with it. Second new phone did the same exact thing. Customer Service said Oh what 3900 mAh battery that's good then I explained to them nicely that my old RAZR MAXX HD with a 3300 mAh battery got more like 21 hours of juice ironically. Also, my Google now card widget kept on glitching and freezing over and over on bootup which was weird and I know that my Moto X in never once glitched . So I just want to share that story with everyone here. So, basically, back to ye ol faithful hahaha at least for now on my regular operated and hopefully Verizon will have the Nexus ...

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So I just want to tell everyone a short little story. I recently did an early upgrade from my Moto X to the Droid trouble. So the total would be great and I'll have high expectations for the 3900 mAh battery Alienware level Smart Phone specs and everything else. The first time phone I received had a software glitch where if you were in an application and you hit the home button the stock Motorola launcher 3 home launcher would crash force close and of course then the phone would receive the black screen of death for about 2 minutes. Try to reset it once same thing happened. And the battery didn't last more than 18 hours on my conservative usage. I have to deal with it. Second new phone did the same exact thing. Customer Service said Oh what 3900 mAh battery that's good then I explained to them nicely that my old RAZR MAXX HD with a 3300 mAh battery got more like 21 hours of juice ironically. Also, my Google now card widget kept on glitching and freezing over and over on bootup which was weird and I know that my Moto X in never once glitched . So I just want to share that story with everyone here. So, basically, back to ye ol faithful hahaha at least for now on my regular operated and hopefully Verizon will have the Nexus ...

Welcome back Eric!
It may not be a high end device but it's still definitely a great android phone overall.
Let hope your next phone doesn't have any issues.

Greetings!

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back Eric!
It may not be a high end device but it's still definitely a great android phone overall.
Let hope your next phone doesn't have any issues.

Greetings!

Posted via the Android Central App
Sending you so much for the awesome phone sentiment lol. Things at the Moto X did for me. I love this phone pick up a new droids are going back your back today...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad they're advertising for MotoX again. Underrated phone
Oh, trust me I know. The Moto X even though it was always under advertising under marketing is such a good phone. The only reason I didn't buy the new 2014 version of the motel asked was because of the battery. I'm waiting for the Nexus 6 but it perform so damn well nothing crashes on it. Exedra Exedra

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it is now pathetic at this point. Motorola used to represent quality. Now just look at the user forums and Android issue tracker. Other that the 2013 Moto X and Moto G, Moto just can't get a quality device out there. One has to wonder how such issues got past quality testers.

Over and over there is hype announcements followed by so called industry reviews and yet upon release bug after bug.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it is now pathetic at this point. Motorola used to represent quality. Now just look at the user forums and Android issue tracker. Other that the 2013 Moto X and Moto G, Moto just can't get a quality device out there. One has to wonder how such issues got past quality testers.

Over and over there is hype announcements followed by so called industry reviews and yet upon release bug after bug.
See for me, I still love motorola vs the OEM Android manufacturers. That's right I'm going to try the Droid turbo but it fell flat that's why I'm waiting for the Nexus 6. it's not a droid phone...lol

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
See for me, I still love motorola vs the OEM Android manufacturers. That's right I'm going to try the Droid turbo but it fell flat that's why I'm waiting for the Nexus 6. it's not a droid phone...lol

I understand your point. I also think my Moto X 2013 is an outstanding phone. But I no longer feel as much admiration or loyalty to Moto as an organization now.

Imagine...you almost went bust...another company buys you...you develop one product that literally saves you....you get sold to another company....and head downhill again in a matter of a couple of years. Why? Rush rush rush to market...forgetting the core values that saved you in the first place.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I understand your point. I also think my Moto X 2013 is an outstanding phone. But I no longer feel as much admiration or loyalty to Moto as an organization now.

Imagine...you almost went bust...another company buys you...you develop one product that literally saves you....you get sold to another company....and head downhill again in a matter of a couple of years. Why? Rush rush rush to market...forgetting the core values that saved you in the first place.
However though, I find it interesting that motorola as a company are the only ones to keep stock vanilla Android vs everyone else. I don't understand what's with the skins. The Samsung really believe that every customer is all the lovely benefits and features of TouchWiz and same thing with HTC but we both know that Samsung is more popular than HTC is at this point. I mean don't get me wrong, I used to have a galaxy s3 and then when the rooting and hacking within a month because I can't understand why TouchWiz takes up too much system memory aka RAM, and it eats a battery alive. That's why on a 16 gig galaxy s5 the user only gets like 7 gigs to play with and you need a memory card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae