How to get lollipop

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I just received my new Moto X second generation (AT&T ) yesterday and would like to download lollipop. However, system update keeps saying that I have the latest software. I don't suppose there is a way to force the system update.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can probably flash it through the bootloader with ADB commands. You should be able to find YouTube videos on how to do it, probably specifically for this device.

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
If you for sure have a pure edition purchased online through Motorola, you should have a 5.0 update available. The Moto X At&t sells does not yet have a Lollipop update available yet though.

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did purchase through Motorola online but there does not seem to be any update available for me. When I purchased the phone I designated that I'm an AT&T customer. The phone was delivered with a SIM card but without any network capability.

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, now I see what I did. I chose the AT&T carrier because the pure edition noted that it would come with a t-mobile sim. I thought I had to designate that I was a customer of at&t. Oh well, it looks like I just need to wait for AT&T to release lollipop.

Maliux

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Moto G (2013), and I haven't gotten it yet... But the 2014 version has it, so i don't know. But, when I contacted motorola support they said it is being rolled out in batches so yea...

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Should I update to Lollipop right away? Does everything run smoothly or do we have to do a factory reset? Thanks.

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a problem with exchange email setup on my Verizon moto x with lollipop. Also google search keeps crashing but everything else is smooth.

Posted via the Android Central App

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Never heard about Pure edition or what it is.
Can you elaborate on it a little or is it a secret.

Pure Edition Moto X phones have no carrier bloatware from AT&T, Verizon, or any others. It is also basically a Nexus phone, which means it will get Android updates almost immediately after they roll out.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Pure Edition Moto X phones have no carrier bloatware from AT&T, Verizon, or any others. It is also basically a Nexus phone, which means it will get Android updates almost immediately after they roll out.

Never heard about Pure edition or what it is.
Can you elaborate on it a little or is it a secret.

The phone is also unlocked and can be used on pretty much any GSM carrier around the world. This offers much greater flexibility when it comes to actually getting service on the phone. You don't have to be tied into a contract or a specific carrier.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Only issue I have with the above statement is "almost immediately"... this still has to go through Motorola... and as we've seen this is not the case since 5.0.2 has been released to the Nexus and yet we have not seen or heard from Motorola since their own fiasco with the 5.0 push to be the first.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Only issue I have with the above statement is "almost immediately"... this still has to go through Motorola... and as we've seen this is not the case since 5.0.2 has been released to the Nexus and yet we have not seen or heard from Motorola since their own fiasco with the 5.0 push to be the first.

Think I looked at the pure edition Moto yesterday on the internet. It didn't use a SD card. And the camera wasn't as high on pilix count.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user