Hello all, I was able to get a cyber Monday code and got a white/silver/cognac 32gb phone a couple of days ago. I love the device but have a couple of questions issues that I couldn't find an answer on:

-I upgraded to lollipop out of the box but my gmail doesn't have an exchange option. My nexus 9 has it but not the moto, any idea why?

-Speaking of exchange, on the stock email app I tried to add my account and it wants a lock screen and a file for credentials...I have never seen this before and have owned android phones since the OG droid, how do I get around this?

-My Google search app keeps crashing, I've reinstalled the updates and cleared data and cache but it still happens.

I realize most of this is lollipop but I haven't experienced these problems on my nexus 9, any help would be much appreciated

Posted via the Android Central App
    BizzyGeek likes this.
    12-13-2014 07:23 PM
    I think you mean a certificate. Your company should have a way of provisioning one for you. Contact your IT Dept and ask them about their BYOD program and how you can go about installing a valid cert. Then I'd download Touchdown from the Play store. In my opinion it's by far and away the best mobile exchange client on Android. At worst you'll need a pin code on that app, not on the entire device. Just one of its many benefits.
    12-13-2014 11:27 PM
    The exchange thing threw me off too. My nexus 5 and 7 both had it integrated into email. My guess it is a specific build of gmail that hasn't rolled out to non-nexus devices yet.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2014 03:28 AM
    The exchange thing threw me off too. My nexus 5 and 7 both had it integrated into email. My guess it is a specific build of gmail that hasn't rolled out to non-nexus devices yet.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Yup, the Exchange in GMail bit is an app upgrade, not Lollipop related.

12-14-2014 06:33 AM
    Thanks guys.

New problem, just noticed the leather is coming away from the phone at the bottom part of the camera lens between that and the moto logo

I haven't seen many posts about this issue, mainly the wood peeling issue. I'm a little scared to go leather again how are the standard rubber type backs?

12-14-2014 09:27 AM
    Thanks guys.

New problem, just noticed the leather is coming away from the phone at the bottom part of the camera lens between that and the moto logo

I haven't seen many posts about this issue, mainly the wood peeling issue. I'm a little scared to go leather again how are the standard rubber type backs?

I have one of the standard color backs and have had no problems whatsoever. It is slick, however, so a back cover or bumper is recommended. I believe the only color with a soft-touch feel is the black.
    12-14-2014 01:44 PM
    Anyone know if all the neutral colors have the non slick feel or just black? Mainly interested in slate

12-14-2014 02:55 PM
    Black is soft touch all the other colors (non leather) feel he warm from what I gather.
    12-14-2014 03:04 PM
    My white is suppose to be soft touch but it is also super slick.
    12-14-2014 03:09 PM
    I gambled and went with the same combo with the cognac. Fingers crossed.

Moto was cool and gave me a code to use to get another and send the defective one back when I get the new. But...I had to pay 25 for the leather again, which moto says they'll refund once I receive.

12-14-2014 07:44 PM