Heads up Display

Sean1624

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Moto X 2nd gen, which I got yesterday, and I got the upgrade to lollipop. It seems like my heads up display only works when I have a call, but when I get a text, I don't get the heads up display, just a notification which forces me to leave the app I'm in to reply, rather than just replying right there with the heads up. I was wondering why this was happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If you are using the same KitKat stock messaging app which was not updated for some reason that would be why. I've found that it isn't compatible with Lollipops heads up display.

This can easily be fixed by downloading the stock Lollipop SMS app they Google has made available on the play store. I use it now, and it is fully compatible with HUD. Also, hangouts for SMS works with HUD on lollipop.

Sean1624

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
If you are using the same KitKat stock messaging app which was not updated for some reason that would be why. I've found that it isn't compatible with Lollipops heads up display.

This can easily be fixed by downloading the stock Lollipop SMS app they Google has made available on the play store. I use it now, and it is fully compatible with HUD. Also, hangouts for SMS works with HUD on lollipop.

Is the stock KitKat messaging app the one that is already on the phone when you updated it? I'm new to all of this, but I am down loading the stock lollipop app from the play store. Thanks for telling me about that. I hope it works!

Posted via the Android Central App