Stop navigation with voice command?

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the best forum to post this, so if you can point me to a better forum, please do!

I use hands-free voice commands to navigate in my car quite a bit. "OK Google, navigate to XYZ (contact, address, business name, etc.). I love it and it works really, really well. I even use it walking and bicycling by simply adding it to the end of the command.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to stop or end the navigation by talking to the phone. If I'm navigating and decide I don't need to listen to the audible directions any more, I can't seem to stop it without picking up the phone and messing with it.

In memory, I've used "OK Google, end navigation" and "OK google, stop navigation" and "OK Google, Shut TF up!" but nothing seems to work. Unless I pick up the phone and close the app, or mute the sound, she keeps on haranguing me.

I'll be embarrassed if there is a simple solution, but at least I'll know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that link. Next time I drive I'll try the various commands for turning off the audible. That's the core of the issue anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Seems dumb there is no voice command to end the app, but I figured since I found the list, it would be good to share it.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Great find Golfdriver. If you look at the bottom of that article you linked, there are a few phrases that can be used to exit Navigation. You do have touch the mic icon on the Navigation app. It would be nice if you could perform this operation with Touchless Controls.

christopher neils

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I don't think that any of the voice commands is available to stop the navigation ! Why the hell they haven't though about exiting .... !!! Good question by the way I do like the question!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674