Motorola Moto X (3rd gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: moto x 3rd gen ?

Honestly, give me the same design and features. I just want the SD 810 processor, a 5.5 inch screen at QHD, better camera, stereo front speakers, and a bigger battery.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I would want the design more like the Nexus 6 simply because it's thinner. a 5.5 qHD display, possible fingerprint scanner on the dimple. which would be really convenient considering users often place thier finger there. front facing stereo speakers. a 16 megapixel rear camera with optical image stability in a 3 megapixel front facing camera. 2.5 gigabytes of RAM and a Snapdragon 810. A 2600 through 3000 mAh battery would be nice oh and expandable storage

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

I'd like to see a Snapdragon 810, 3 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 GB storage options, same 5.2" display, 1080p (to preserve battery), a 2700+ mAh battery, and an improved camera. Fingerprint scanner would be nice too :)

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to see a Snapdragon 810, 3 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 GB storage options, same 5.2" display, 1080p (to preserve battery), a 2700+ mAh battery, and an improved camera. Fingerprint scanner would be nice too :)

I was very on the fence about the display. Now that I think about it a 1080p 5.5 inch would be far more suitable for battery life and still looking amazing. I think I a 2900 mAh will be great

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

does anyone else think that Motorola it should have inbetween devices like Apple does with iPhone. I think it would be great for people that are locked in contracts for example you buy the Moto X 2nd Gen with a2 year contract then the following year an improved version of the Moto X 2nd comes out and you can't get it because you're locked in that two year contract but you're getting the next best thing which would be the moto x 3rd Gen. and it will work the same way if you bought an improved version on a two year contract.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
First of all a big no on the Quad HD display. Not worth the battery drain. Keep it 1080p but just improve brightness and colors. Secondly, BIGGER Battery. At least 2700 would be acceptable. Then better camera. Don't worry about the MP's just focus on sensors and software. Keep the screen the same size and shrink the bezels even more. Change the Motorola logo on the back to be less noticeable or actually have a use like the fingerprint scanner they talked about. Continue to add more customizing options like maybe adding more options than just black and white front. Make 32GB the standard model with 64GB and 128Gb options each 50$ more. Make it dual front facing speakers and I will be set

Posted via the Android Central App

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

1. QI WIRELESS FREAKING CHARGING FOR GOD'S FREAKING SAKE, MOTOROLA!

Coming from several phones with Qi Charging, I feel like I've stepped back into The Charging Stone Ages when I use my Moto X 2013 & 2014. Ugh!

If Motorola managed to put Qi charging into the Nexus 6 then they can do it with the next Moto X. It's getting to a point were I'm thinking of not buying Moto again because they keep leaving it out for no good reason!

2. Better/Bigger Battery: I took a downgrade in battery life when I "upgraded" from a Moto X 2013 to the 2014. Please either a bigger battery or better battery optimization.

3. BETTER CAMERA WITH OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION! Tired. Of. Garbage. Camera!! There's no excuse for a [language] camera like this on a flagship device nowadays. Fix the garbage camera sensors and half-baked camera app!

4. Fingerprint Scanner: That huge dimple is clearly the resulting (large) crater of a Fingerprint Scanner hastily abandoned at the last minute.

Please add a Fingerprint scanner to use for unlocking the phone and other things like paying with PayPal or, one day, Google Wallet/NFC payments like Apple Pay...

(And one day using it to log you into website and apps without having to enter PINs and passwords, but that feature is more reliant on Google (Android OS) and app makers/websites implementing it, but I want the hardware to already be there if/when they do!)

5. Dual Front Facing Speakers: They did it for the Moto G 2014 & the Nexus 6, why not for their own flagship?!? So stupid! Add it to the next Moto X or GTFO Motorola.

6a. Better OLED Screen: The Burn-in is real! Twist Sammy's arm to get the better version that they currently use on their Note 4 or find another vendor with less burn-in.

P.S. I'm fine with 1080p as long as it saves on battery life.

6b. Larger 5.5" Screen: More screen, less bezels, please? ??????

7. Offer 128 GB Option: I know it's going to cost more but at least offer it as an option for the folks that want to drop the cash on it.

P.S. 16 GBs with no expandable storage is a bit of a joke, so you can even drop that as an option and go with 32, 64 & 128 GBs instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Really this phone needs nothing, however you could definitely make it better:

1. Larger battery. The current batter is adequate, but a larger one would help you get through those heavier days away from the charger.

2. More ram/faster Chipset. Does not need these, but would always be nice to have.

3. Higher storage options. This is really the only big disappointment with the phone's lineup of options. 32gig should be the minimum from now on for all non budget devices.

The size needs to stay the same(a smidgen smaller maybe?) and 1080p needs to be the screen resolution. There is zero benefit to 1440p at this size. It will only tax the gpu(with potential framerate issues for heavier tasks) and cause potential battery life issues. 1080p is great for this size screen. The PPI is higher than anyone can concern. Better colors would be a nice improvement though.

Sent from my XT1096

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Coming from several phones with Qi Charging, I feel like I've stepped back into The Charging Stone Ages when I use my Moto X 2013 & 2014. Ugh!

If Motorola managed to put Qi charging into the Nexus 6 then they can do it with the next Moto X. It's getting to a point were I'm thinking of not buying Moto again because they keep leaving it out for no good reason!

2. Better/Bigger Battery: I took a downgrade in battery life when I "upgraded" from a Moto X 2013 to the 2014. Please either a bigger battery or better battery optimization.

3. BETTER CAMERA WITH OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION! Tired. Of. Garbage. Camera!! There's no excuse for a [language] camera like this on a flagship device nowadays. Fix the garbage camera sensors and half-baked camera app!

4. Fingerprint Scanner: That huge dimple is clearly the resulting (large) crater of a Fingerprint Scanner hastily abandoned at the last minute.

Please add a Fingerprint scanner to use for unlocking the phone and other things like paying with PayPal or, one day, Google Wallet/NFC payments like Apple Pay...

(And one day using it to log you into website and apps without having to enter PINs and passwords, but that feature is more reliant on Google (Android OS) and app makers/websites implementing it, but I want the hardware to already be there if/when they do!)

5. Dual Front Facing Speakers: They did it for the Moto G 2014 & the Nexus 6, why not for their own flagship?!? So stupid! Add it to the next Moto X or GTFO Motorola.

6a. Better OLED Screen: The Burn-in is real! Twist Sammy's arm to get the better version that they currently use on their Note 4 or find another vendor with less burn-in.

6b. Larger 5.5" Screen: More screen, less bezels, please? ������

7. Offer 128 GB Option: I know it's going to cost more but at least offer it as an option for the folks that want to drop the cash on it.

P.S. 16 GBs with no expandable storage is a bit of a joke, so you can even drop that as an option and go with 32, 64 & 128 GBs instead.

You pretty much covered all of the Moto X's weaknesses - camera/battery life/storage/quality OLED screen. The sound on the phone is okay - but it could be better. Wireless charging is standard on most Android and WP flagships so Motorola really needs to include it.

Moto doesn't need to have SD card support if they have 32/64/128 GB storage options.

Moto needs to improve the screen quality and offer better sRGB color quality. This combined with a new more energy efficient chipset should also help with battery life.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I would be happy with a better camera and bigger battery. The size is perfect right now - I really don't want a bigger phone, and wireless charging isn't important to me (although I understand why it is to some people). A fingerprint scanner would be VERY cool, though.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Everyone screaming about a fingerprint scanner... you do know why there isn't one, right? It's because Apple bought up the best fingerprint technology and Motorola decided the other versions were not good enough. Granted, the article is specific to the Nexus 6, but given the digital DNA the two phones share (and some rumors gleaned from prototypes last year), it likely applies to the X as well. Personally I'd rather have no fingerprint scanner than a poorly implemented one.

As for what I'd like to see in a next gen model, battery and camera top the list. I can make both work just fine, but why not improve them if you can? Qi/wireless charging would be nice, too, although if it means giving up the customizable backs then no thanks.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

(1) bigger battery
(2) better camera w/ OIS
(3) bottom headphone jack
(4) SD slot

Sent from my G2 running PAC-man

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately the camera is going to suck because the software sucks. The camera is not that much worse than phones that take much better photos from what I heard. It's the software that is crap.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

6b. Larger 5.5" Screen: More screen, less bezels, please? ??????

You seem like a very angry person. Obviously you don't like the phone, so don't use it or buy it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

As far as fingerprint unlocking goes I love it on my iPhone but I prefer location enabled smart unlock in android. It's the biggest thing I miss by only having an iPhone right now.

reepS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Battery is really the most important thing. The battery they put in this is embarrassing. Qi would be a nice bonus, but not necessary.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18