Motorola customer service

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone dealt with Motorola customer service? My college age son had a camera issue with his 2013 Moto x, still under warranty. Sent the phone in end of December and he did get an email saying they received it but that's it. He's called several (probably 10 x) and they just keep giving him the run around. Telling him.... We are shipping out a new phone or we will email you tomorrow or we will call you tomorrow. Of course none of these things happen.
I feel for him. Heavy class load, he doesn't have time to sit on the phone for almost an hour at a time and get nowhere. Any ideas? Or someone to contact? I'd appreciate it. TIA

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=479157

This is from the forums here. If you look around, you will find plenty of stories just like yours. Personally I've had great experiences with Moto customer service. I used the online chat on the Moto website 2 different times and had my new phone in less than a week. I only had to return my old phone once I received my new one. This is before the sale to Lenovo went through though. That probably had something to do with it. Good luck. It seems to be getting worse as time passes.

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Good luck. Next time he talks to them see if he can get an email to that particular person. Then expect the same but at least with an email the phone isn't an issue/the only option.

In my experience creating a rapport with the person was very helpful, i recommend it. When he talks to a person get them to hold the person accountable, but nicely "I really appreciate this [name] because people keep saying they'll call me back but they don't, will you take care of this or know someone who can take care of this from beginning to end?" ... things like..."do you promise you will call and email me?... when will you do that/can i count on you to do that?" "I appreciate that because I am really running out of patience". Everything i did with them was an issue, and that was how i got them resolved. The people i spoke to *wanted* to help me, but whatever is going on in that place makes it very difficult for them, so having one person take the lead and put effort into it made a difference.

If anything, it'll be a good lesson in how to get people to work with you via rapport building. lol.