Memory Issues... killing background apps too easily

rob6raham

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Wondering if there is anything I can do here.

I can have a Skype call open, jump to another app and find with not much strain the phone will kill Skype for memory handling. This has also happened with Navigation. It has killed the Navigation because I switched to Google Music for a short while.

All of this was not an issue for my old Nexus 4... Why am I struggling now? I hear regularly you shouldn't need more than 2gb RAM, so why am I finding this issue

Also my home screen can regularly redrawer. Again nothing too heavy on there.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked up your ram usage? What is it? Screen shot would be nice. How do you switch to a new app as the current one is running?

Edit: I just read that this a lollipop issue assuming yours has it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

rob6raham

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
It is on lollipop yes. Can you post the link to the issue about lollipop. I hadn't found it but perhaps I hadn't searched with the right terminology.
Memory leak?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
It is on lollipop yes. Can you post the link to the issue about lollipop. I hadn't found it but perhaps I hadn't searched with the right terminology.
Memory leak?

Yeah, this is a huge issue on Lollipop. Google has marked it as "fixed" on their bug tracker so hopefully when we get 5.0.2 or even 5.1 it will take care of the problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12