Verizon variant of Moto X

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is true.. the Verizon variant of the Moto X has the least amount of bugs / issues with lollipop 5.0? I was reading that somewhere on the website reddit and I wanted to ask you? I've never heard of that before so I have no idea...

Sent from my custom moto built by moto maker

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess the Nexus 6 has, since that's what it was probably built on. Any bugs in that version would be passed on to the manufacturers, who would be adding their own bugs.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd guess the Nexus 6 has, since that's what it was probably built on. Any bugs in that version would be passed on to the manufacturers, who would be adding their own bugs.
I don't know, the reason I ask is due to possibly Verizon testing this out the software more so than other carriers in the country?

Sent from my custom moto built by moto maker

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had it since late November, no obvious bugs!

Posted via the Android Central App
Okay, so you have has a 2nd gen Moto X with lollipop 5.0 running on it and no obvious bugs at all? Any random reboots? granted Every smartPhone is prone to reboot every now and then...

Sent from my custom 2nd Gen Moto X built by moto maker

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i havent noticed too many bugs. My main issue is getting used to lollipop itself.
Hahaha I will admit though that even comparing to the first generation moto x with KitKat 4.4.3 vs 2nd gen moto X running lollipop 5.0, so will the difference of course. My two main favorite features of lollipop 5.0 are as follows: I love the beautiful screen animations for every application. I love the smoothness fluidity of the operating system as a whole and the battery saving features / I have my screen brightness set to 10% which I can still see the screen fine due to the 1080p screen app...

Lunkman23

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so you have has a 2nd gen Moto X with lollipop 5.0 running on it and no obvious bugs at all? Any random reboots? granted Every smartPhone is prone to reboot every now and then...

Correct. Might have rebooted once or twice and I can't say I didn't accidentally power it off.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have not noticed any serious bugs. I just get homescreen redraws a lot after coming out of an app.

My phone did reboot on its own once, but I don't know if it can be attributed to Lollipop or not. It hasn't happened since

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any serious bugs. I just get homescreen redraws a lot after coming out of an app.

My phone did reboot on its own once, but I don't know if it can be attributed to Lollipop or not. It hasn't happened since
I get to Whole home screen redraw the issue once in a blue moon nothing that's a big deal. Other than that pretty flawless software, I must say.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Moto X pure edition, and the only consistent bugs I experience are (1) occasional home screen redraws (which, I think most would agree is an issue specific to all 5.0 versions of Lollipop at this point) and (2) attentive display doesn't work properly.

I can't speak to whether lollipop has negatively affected battery life as I never used KitKat on this device.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Moto X pure edition, and the only consistent bugs I experience are (1) occasional home screen redraws (which, I think most would agree is an issue specific to all 5.0 versions of Lollipop at this point) and (2) attentive display doesn't work properly.

I can't speak to whether lollipop has negatively affected battery life as I never used KitKat on this device.

You know though honestly sir, the home redraws for me on my moto X 2nd gen, aren't that bad. It happens once every so often not very frequently, very rare. Not intrusive not annoying...

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You know though honestly sir, the home redraws for me on my moto X 2nd gen, aren't that bad. It happens once every so often not very frequently, very rare. Not intrusive not annoying...

I agree. They're just occasional.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Moto X 2014 from VZ and not bugs or reboots. She loves it. Verizon's testing my slow things down a little but seems to work.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Moto X 2014 from VZ and not bugs or reboots. She loves it. Verizon's testing my slow things down a little but seems to work.
I will agree with you about that. Verizon's testing of software for mobile devices might slow the process down ultimately, the most of the time it's a fail safe procedure. Its a hundred percent accurate.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I completely agree.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree.
I got an invite by Google today for the app inbox by Gmail. I try it out. It use a hundred and 50 megabytes of RAM and he heated my phone up so much so and drain my battery so much. Has anyone else tried this or experienced this at all?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop on my Verizon Moto X is pretty awful. It looks pretty but it's buggy as all hell.

Sure, it works fine day to day but the memory leak bug is a huge pain, which causes apps to crash and the homescreen to redraw. It's a very known issue. I'll use the app switcher to go from one to another and nearly every time the app needs to reload because of the memory issue.

And it's not just me. This was the biggest bug report on Google's site and if you listen to the Android Central podcast, both Andrew and Russell complain about the Moto X bugginess on Lollipop.

Moto stopped rolling out 5.0 for a reason, they knew the Android code had a ton of bugs and are now working on 5.0.2+ for the other devices/Moto X. I just hope we get it soon on the Verizon variant.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop on my Verizon Moto X is pretty awful. It looks pretty but it's buggy as all hell.

Sure, it works fine day to day but the memory leak bug is a huge pain, which causes apps to crash and the homescreen to redraw. It's a very known issue. I'll use the app switcher to go from one to another and nearly every time the app needs to reload because of the memory issue.

And it's not just me. This was the biggest bug report on Google's site and if you listen to the Android Central podcast, both Andrew and Russell complain about the Moto X bugginess on Lollipop.

Moto stopped rolling out 5.0 for a reason, they knew the Android code had a ton of bugs and are now working on 5.0.2+ for the other devices/Moto X. I just hope we get it soon on the Verizon variant.

Well how they're interesting... Not that I haven't heard about the memory leak home screen redrawing etc cetera buggin Android 5.0 I'm just an experienced that they thankfully not as much. I heard for Android 5. 0.2 or 5.1 will roll out soon... Android 5.0 I'm just an experience that they fill in as much. I heard for Android 5. 0.2 or 5.1 will roll out.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been more or less perfect. I, like everyone else, has had some screen redraws,but nothing major. It's been a pretty flawless release.

Anyone complaining was clearly not around for the upgrade to 4.0. There was nothing good about any part of that update process. 5.0 by comparison is a dream come true. I would even say that it is the most stable upgrade I have had on any phone.

Sent from my XT1096