03-08-2015 04:42 PM
64 123
tools
    anyone else getting horrifically bad battery life after lollipop update? This is no Bueno
    So far so good with me. It has only been less than a day but my battery life is the same as on KitKat if not better. I'm sure doing the factory reset has something to do with that though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-27-2015 09:45 AM
    anyone else getting horrifically bad battery life after lollipop update? This is no Bueno
    Only do the following one step at a time and waiting a few days in between to see how your battery life is doing between each... the last is the ultimate and final fallback, but if are really having bad battery life then this is what I would do.

First, Settings > Storage > wait for it to calculate all the values, then long press Cached Data, clear that.
    Next if that does not work you might want to do a System Cache Wipe. A bit more complex, but the instructions are online if you google it.
    Finally, if that is not doing the trick... back up what you can into the cloud, then do a Factory Wipe... you might have something running in the background and this is the ultimate way of resetting things and building your device clean.
    sharkita likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:35 AM
    Is a factory wipe and factory reset the same thing? Showing my age. If I have to do either, I assume I will lose all my contacts, messages, texts, etc. and have to start over. If so, no way I will do that. To hard to input all that info back into the phone. A lot of info did not transfer from my 2013 X to my current 2014 X. I guess this is the exercise one must do for the improved system. Really don't have any issues with kit kat. Was hoping lollipop would be an easy install.
    02-27-2015 10:47 AM
    I think everybody on AT&T should set a Date, Call AT&T and say release Lollipop or we will leave and go to another carries IN 2 days.
    And actually do it.

When you call AT&T about anything, they are nice, but nobody does anything. but make excuses.
    I've tried to talk to them for 8 yrs. And I have heard is excuses. Or it will get better.

About service, dropped calls, text not working, Data and everything.
    Now they are the last to get Lollipop.
    02-27-2015 03:42 PM
    I think everybody on AT&T should set a Date, Call AT&T and say release Lollipop or we will leave and go to another carries IN 2 days.
    And actually do it.

When you call AT&T about anything, they are nice, but nobody does anything. but make excuses.
    I've tried to talk to them for 8 yrs. And I have heard is excuses. Or it will get better.

About service, dropped calls, text not working, Data and everything.
    Now they are the last to get Lollipop.
    The last.... NO, NO, NO...

Maybe the last Moto X (2014), but not the last smartphone. And not even the last new Motorola... go ask anyone that has the Verizon Moto Turbo (that Motorola that was release exclusively on Verizon after the new Moto X)... they have not seen Lollipop.
    sharkita likes this.
    02-28-2015 11:00 AM
    Crap!!!
    Touched the wrong notification message on the lollipop update. Did not realize it until moments ago. Did not want lollipop. 80% downloaded. I'm toast. Arhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    02-28-2015 01:24 PM
    Crap!!!
    Touched the wrong notification message on the lollipop update. Did not realize it until moments ago. Did not want lollipop. 80% downloaded. I'm toast. Arhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Just DO IT! You know you want it! Seriously though - I've had no problems at all with Lollipop on mine and the battery life is great. Better than KitKat. Not everybody has had a bad experience with it, but I would certainly recommend at least a cache wipe afterward.
    02-28-2015 03:06 PM
    Crap!!!
    Totally agree with sharkita. I've been using the 5.0 update on my Pure Edition since the last solid release, and updated my AT&T version on day one. I did not switch over to the AT&T version until this weekend, but have been using it all day without any issues. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between 5.0 and 5.0.2, but it's a solid release as far as I can tell.
    02-28-2015 07:21 PM
    No love for the Pure Edition. I guess they forgot about it and jumped straight to updating carrier devices first.
    02-28-2015 07:33 PM
    Just DO IT! You know you want it! Seriously though - I've had no problems at all with Lollipop on mine and the battery life is great. Better than KitKat. Not everybody has had a bad experience with it, but I would certainly recommend at least a cache wipe afterward.
    Everything works beautifully! No issues. Definitely enjoying the new look.
    03-01-2015 12:49 PM
    Totally agree with sharkita. I've been using the 5.0 update on my Pure Edition since the last solid release, and updated my AT&T version on day one. I did not switch over to the AT&T version until this weekend, but have been using it all day without any issues. I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between 5.0 and 5.0.2, but it's a solid release as far as I can tell.
    Really wished somebody could tell me what Pure Edition is and if you got Lollipop how you did it.
    I'm old and can't figure out some of the things the younger generation does.
    03-02-2015 10:47 AM
    Really wished somebody could tell me what Pure Edition is and if you got Lollipop how you did it.
    As I am old too, I will try to help you out

Pure Edition is the model you can buy directly from Motorola that is not attached to a specific service provider such as AT&T or Verizon.

If you have AT&T, go to Settings, then click on About Phone, and finally, click on Software Updates. It should then tell you if there is a software update available, or not. If it does, follow the instructions to update.
    03-02-2015 11:02 AM
    As I am old too, I will try to help you out

Pure Edition is the model you can buy directly from Motorola that is not attached to a specific service provider such as AT&T or Verizon.

If you have AT&T, go to Settings, then click on About Phone, and finally, click on Software Updates. It should then tell you if there is a software update available, or not. If it does, follow the instructions to update.

I got a AT&T samsung Galaxy s5 I paid full price for. And I been going to about phone and trying to do a update.
    And it will not do it.

Don't think the pure edition from Motorola is gonna give me the functions the Samsung is giving me.
    Thanks.
    03-02-2015 12:09 PM
    The Pure Edition does not have all the service provider software that is added on. It is basically straight android with a few motorola tweaks like the Drive mode, etc.
    03-02-2015 12:11 PM
    And to add just a little to the above statements... the Pure Edition is built specifically for GSM networks, which is to say it will work on AT&T or T-Mobile. No Pure Edition was built for Verizon (which works on a CDMA network) mainly because they want to be in control of any devices on their network. The Pure Edition is carrier neutral. They have no carrier specific bloat apps... like AT&T's Navigator or AT&T's Mail... it's about as close to a Pure Android device as you can get without buying a Nexus device.

Usually the update process can take about 10-15 minutes once the software has been downloaded and you are installing the update... this usually doesn't require any other interaction from you except to click on the install button. You can see what version you are running on your device by going to the Settings, then About Phone and look at the Android version number.
    03-02-2015 12:15 PM
    Thanks.

But after watching some of the videos on the S6, I'm amazed at what I seen.
    03-02-2015 12:35 PM
    Thanks.

But after watching some of the videos on the S6, I'm amazed at what I seen.
    And after you open it up at home... look at all the bloatware that not only your carrier will pack on, but also the bloatware that Samsung loads on the S6. After they come out, go look at one in the store before you buy... go into Settings > Storage... and look at the how much space the operating system and other apps takes up. Sure most of those you can disable, but you can't uninstall them... they take up space.
    03-02-2015 06:15 PM
    I am loving my lollipop!
    03-03-2015 12:13 AM
    Yeap, just got a notification about the lollipop update just after 12:01am EST. It looks as though it came from Motorola not att. Only thing, I only have about 4 Gigs left on a 16sd card. It can't be reversed soooo is it REALLY worth the change? Does it change the way your text messages look? I could "dump" some stuff over to Dropbox or Google Drive, but I'd like to keep the stuff I have on my phone another 2 or 3wks before transferring.
    03-03-2015 01:02 AM
    I installed the lollipop update last night. I did a factory reset to the phone after the install. My one problem so far is that I cannot log into my instagram account. I get a invalid username/password error. I reset my instagram password and reinstalled the app but I still cannot log in. I know my log in credentials are ok because I can log into instagram from my computer. Anyone else with this issue after the upgrade?
    03-03-2015 08:32 AM
    Installing now. FINALLY.
    03-03-2015 09:12 AM
    And after you open it up at home... look at all the bloatware that not only your carrier will pack on, but also the bloatware that Samsung loads on the S6. After they come out, go look at one in the store before you buy... go into Settings > Storage... and look at the how much space the operating system and other apps takes up. Sure most of those you can disable, but you can't uninstall them... they take up space.
    This is why I'm getting a Pure Edition the next time around. The most annoying thing of updating to Lollipop was having to disable all those AT&T apps and knowing they're still there taking up space. Plus I figure the Pure Edition will get 5.1 before anybody else does.
    03-03-2015 01:40 PM
    I keep getting the lollipop notification full screen about 20 times a day. Doesn't matter what I'm doing texting, surf web, viewing gallery. It did have a choice "maybe later", but that's disappeared now. Just the " OK I'm in". Looks like they're trying to nag me until I install it.
    03-04-2015 02:24 PM
    I've upgraded to lollipop and have had no problems! Great performance, great battery life, and I love the transitions !

03-04-2015 11:32 PM
    I've upgraded to lollipop and have had no problems! Great performance, great battery life, and I love the transitions !

Yes but is it REALLY that much different? It's around 400 megs. What do you notice that's so different? Has the text messaging changed? I already have the new notification deal on my Moto X (2nd Gen). I'm one of the unfortunate ones who only have a 16 Gig with only 9.7 is usable. I have only 4 Gigs left. :-(
    03-05-2015 01:18 AM
64 123