03-08-2015 04:42 PM
64 123
tools
    Yes but is it REALLY that much different? It's around 400 megs. What do you notice that's so different? Has the text messaging changed? I already have the new notification deal on my Moto X (2nd Gen). I'm one of the unfortunate ones who only have a 16 Gig with only 9.7 is usable. I have only 4 Gigs left. :-(
    It is only a temporary hit. I have about the same free space (maybe a tad more) as I had before. 5.0.2 for me has done a better job with RAM.
    Riskyman166 likes this.
    03-05-2015 05:42 AM
    Yes but is it REALLY that much different? It's around 400 megs. What do you notice that's so different? Has the text messaging changed? I already have the new notification deal on my Moto X (2nd Gen). I'm one of the unfortunate ones who only have a 16 Gig with only 9.7 is usable. I have only 4 Gigs left. :-(
    I did not look at my 16GB AT&T Moto X (2nd Gen/2014) memory before upgrading, but have looked at it since the update. I did not see any significant difference in available or used memory. It pretty much looked the same.
    Riskyman166 likes this.
    03-05-2015 09:53 AM
    Thanks guys. OK will install & let you know how it goes. The main thing that worried me a little is the fact that it can't be reversed.

Moto X (2nd Gen)
    03-05-2015 11:37 AM
    The only reason why I'm not installing is I had the fact that you can't control your volume like we use to, and not have to use the priority feature and we can only vibrate at best, no silence. When I had my Nexus 5 on Lolipop that was the only thing that drove me crazy, and most of the apps sound schedulers don't work with Lolipop
    03-05-2015 11:56 AM
    The only reason why I'm not installing is I had the fact that you can't control your volume like we use to, and not have to use the priority feature and we can only vibrate at best, no silence. When I had my Nexus 5 on Lolipop that was the only thing that drove me crazy, and most of the apps sound schedulers don't work with Lolipop
    After two days I just noticed that you can only put the phone on ring or vibrate. There is not silent setting for the ringer that I can find. Also when typing in passwords to web sites if you hit the space bar key after you type the password it interprets that as a symbol. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in to my instagram account because it was telling me my password was wrong. I realized I was hitting the space bar after typing the password. I don't think I had that problem with kitkat.
    03-05-2015 02:17 PM
    After two days I just noticed that you can only put the phone on ring or vibrate. There is not silent setting for the ringer that I can find. Also when typing in passwords to web sites if you hit the space bar key after you type the password it interprets that as a symbol. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in to my instagram account because it was telling me my password was wrong. I realized I was hitting the space bar after typing the password. I don't think I had that problem with kitkat.
    03-05-2015 04:07 PM
    I can't understand how this would make any difference, but just maybe it might depend on the brand & model of your phone. Whatever the case, I cut my WiFi off on my Moto X-2 to stop the download process until I can hear from some more guys about the questions raised regarding Lollipop.

[Moto X (2nd Gen)......running KitKat]
    03-05-2015 04:21 PM
    The spacebar issue is with the keyboard. Check in the settings and make sure when hitting the spacebar it's not set to out in a period.

Yes that's why I don't want to update because can't silence and when I had Lollipop on my other device I couldn't find and app that would allow the phone to at least vibrate at a set time. The built in one only does priorities and still allow calls to come in.
    03-05-2015 08:08 PM
    How about selecting "none" when adjusting the volume? Wouldn't that be the same as silent? ...or am I missing something here?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 08:44 PM
    How about selecting "none" when adjusting the volume? Wouldn't that be the same as silent? ...or am I missing something here?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Don't recall exactly but I still don't believe it'll silence at a scheduled time which is what I have my phone do now. I could deal with vibrate but I need scheduling. Try it you'll see what I mean.
    03-05-2015 09:15 PM
    Learn the new OS, adapt, and move on. Sorry, but if you really want it to be silent then tell it... the command is Good Night using Moto Voice. This will put it in silent for everything except those you have as Priority contacts, if that is how you have the device setup in Settings > Sound & notifications > Interruptions.
    sharkita likes this.
    03-06-2015 07:50 AM
    OK Android lovers I've totally made up my mind when it comes to the "so-called" update to Lollipop. Reason #1. I've read most of the many threads here about it (Lollipop) & 16 out of 20 have problems after installing.
    Reason #2. Google has totally changed your "Nav buttons" at the bottom of your screen. These buttons have been the same since 2012 & in some fashion way before that. Google told a reviewer that they wanted them to look like the buttons on a VCR......what..WTF! The back button looks just like a VCR rewind (how silly) & your "home button" is just a circle instead of the outline of a house (again, silly & stupid).
    Reason #3. All the great management features that Google brags about just aren't THAT effective to risk not being able to go back to KitKat. Just maybe they'll come up with a 5.10 version that make some sense....BUT until then, NO LOLLIPOP FOR ME!!!

Moto X (2nd Gen) running KitKat
    03-07-2015 05:13 PM
    I just updated a few days ago. For one day my phone was restarting itself numerous times per day. I was so pissed off. But now it's stable and I'm getting used to lollipop. I like the quick settings menus for sure. Not much to complain about.

Posted with my Moto X 2014 via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 12:21 AM
    Looks like the Lollipop was a lemon from the start. 1st released in Nov, then 2 updates (5.01 & 5.02) in less than 2 months.

Moto X (2nd Gen)

Posted via Radio Shack iPhone Central App
    03-08-2015 04:42 PM
64 123