ATT Lollipop

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

But after watching some of the videos on the S6, I'm amazed at what I seen.

And after you open it up at home... look at all the bloatware that not only your carrier will pack on, but also the bloatware that Samsung loads on the S6. After they come out, go look at one in the store before you buy... go into Settings > Storage... and look at the how much space the operating system and other apps takes up. Sure most of those you can disable, but you can't uninstall them... they take up space.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeap, just got a notification about the lollipop update just after 12:01am EST. It looks as though it came from Motorola not att. Only thing, I only have about 4 Gigs left on a 16sd card. It can't be reversed soooo is it REALLY worth the change? Does it change the way your text messages look? I could "dump" some stuff over to Dropbox or Google Drive, but I'd like to keep the stuff I have on my phone another 2 or 3wks before transferring.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I installed the lollipop update last night. I did a factory reset to the phone after the install. My one problem so far is that I cannot log into my instagram account. I get a invalid username/password error. I reset my instagram password and reinstalled the app but I still cannot log in. I know my log in credentials are ok because I can log into instagram from my computer. Anyone else with this issue after the upgrade?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
And after you open it up at home... look at all the bloatware that not only your carrier will pack on, but also the bloatware that Samsung loads on the S6. After they come out, go look at one in the store before you buy... go into Settings > Storage... and look at the how much space the operating system and other apps takes up. Sure most of those you can disable, but you can't uninstall them... they take up space.

This is why I'm getting a Pure Edition the next time around. The most annoying thing of updating to Lollipop was having to disable all those AT&T apps and knowing they're still there taking up space. Plus I figure the Pure Edition will get 5.1 before anybody else does.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I keep getting the lollipop notification full screen about 20 times a day. Doesn't matter what I'm doing texting, surf web, viewing gallery. It did have a choice "maybe later", but that's disappeared now. Just the " OK I'm in". Looks like they're trying to nag me until I install it.

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I've upgraded to lollipop and have had no problems! Great performance, great battery life, and I love the transitions !

Posted via the Android Central App

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've upgraded to lollipop and have had no problems! Great performance, great battery life, and I love the transitions !

Yes but is it REALLY that much different? It's around 400 megs. What do you notice that's so different? Has the text messaging changed? I already have the new notification deal on my Moto X (2nd Gen). I'm one of the unfortunate ones who only have a 16 Gig with only 9.7 is usable. I have only 4 Gigs left. :-(

Last edited:

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes but is it REALLY that much different? It's around 400 megs. What do you notice that's so different? Has the text messaging changed? I already have the new notification deal on my Moto X (2nd Gen). I'm one of the unfortunate ones who only have a 16 Gig with only 9.7 is usable. I have only 4 Gigs left. :-(
It is only a temporary hit. I have about the same free space (maybe a tad more) as I had before. 5.0.2 for me has done a better job with RAM.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I did not look at my 16GB AT&T Moto X (2nd Gen/2014) memory before upgrading, but have looked at it since the update. I did not see any significant difference in available or used memory. It pretty much looked the same.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys. OK will install & let you know how it goes. The main thing that worried me a little is the fact that it can't be reversed.

Moto X (2nd Gen)

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The only reason why I'm not installing is I had the fact that you can't control your volume like we use to, and not have to use the priority feature and we can only vibrate at best, no silence. When I had my Nexus 5 on Lolipop that was the only thing that drove me crazy, and most of the apps sound schedulers don't work with Lolipop

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The only reason why I'm not installing is I had the fact that you can't control your volume like we use to, and not have to use the priority feature and we can only vibrate at best, no silence. When I had my Nexus 5 on Lolipop that was the only thing that drove me crazy, and most of the apps sound schedulers don't work with Lolipop

After two days I just noticed that you can only put the phone on ring or vibrate. There is not silent setting for the ringer that I can find. Also when typing in passwords to web sites if you hit the space bar key after you type the password it interprets that as a symbol. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in to my instagram account because it was telling me my password was wrong. I realized I was hitting the space bar after typing the password. I don't think I had that problem with kitkat.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
After two days I just noticed that you can only put the phone on ring or vibrate. There is not silent setting for the ringer that I can find. Also when typing in passwords to web sites if you hit the space bar key after you type the password it interprets that as a symbol. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't log in to my instagram account because it was telling me my password was wrong. I realized I was hitting the space bar after typing the password. I don't think I had that problem with kitkat.

Riskyman166

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I can't understand how this would make any difference, but just maybe it might depend on the brand & model of your phone. Whatever the case, I cut my WiFi off on my Moto X-2 to stop the download process until I can hear from some more guys about the questions raised regarding Lollipop.

[Moto X (2nd Gen)......running KitKat]

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

The spacebar issue is with the keyboard. Check in the settings and make sure when hitting the spacebar it's not set to out in a period.

Yes that's why I don't want to update because can't silence and when I had Lollipop on my other device I couldn't find and app that would allow the phone to at least vibrate at a set time. The built in one only does priorities and still allow calls to come in.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site

How about selecting "none" when adjusting the volume? Wouldn't that be the same as silent? ...or am I missing something here?

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
How about selecting "none" when adjusting the volume? Wouldn't that be the same as silent? ...or am I missing something here?

Don't recall exactly but I still don't believe it'll silence at a scheduled time which is what I have my phone do now. I could deal with vibrate but I need scheduling. Try it you'll see what I mean.