I am looking for an App idea

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you can make this happen, you really know what you are doing and could make lots of money.

Create a battery charging method that turns the phone completely off when connected to charge and make it turn back on once it has reached 100% charge.

I'd like to see this happen, I would be all over it.

tunguitvn

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
oh wow, nice idea. Thank you.
- Make phone off when connected to charge: easy
- Turn it on when full...impossible.. but I will think another way.

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Why do you want the phone to charge when it is turned off? Does it help the battery in some way, I always thought it was better to charge it while it is on but I don't know why I think it but I suppose i must have heard it someplace.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Charging the phone when the phone is on or off doesn't make a difference for the longevity of the battery. And using the phone while it's charging is only dangerous if you are using a cheap, poorly made charger.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Charging the phone when the phone is on or off doesn't make a difference for the longevity of the battery. And using the phone while it's charging is only dangerous if you are using a cheap, poorly made charger.

Sorry man you are wrong, it is best to get a complete battery charge while it is off not when the phone is on slowing the charge and using the battery.
When you take a car battery to Auto Zone they charge the battery by itself right?
Not while its connected to the car, that's just for jumping the battery to start.

Using the phone in any way while its charging is in fact causing more wear to the battery than if it was just charging it, it makes the phone and battery hotter and the battery will have less standby life.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man you are wrong, it is best to get a complete battery charge while it is off not when the phone is on slowing the charge and using the battery.
When you take a car battery to Auto Zone they charge the battery by itself right?
Not while its connected to the car, that's just for jumping the battery to start.

Using the phone in any way while its charging is in fact causing more wear to the battery than if it was just charging it, it makes the phone and battery hotter and the battery will have less standby life.

The battery in your car uses lead sulfate and sulfuric acid to hold a charge while the battery in your phone uses carbon, graphite and lithium salt. They're completely different and have completely different care methods. Charging your phone while it's on does not cause any appreciable increase in wear. If you don't want to believe me I don't really care, but my credentials are that I'm an electrical engineer with a focus on solid state electronics. If you really want to keep turning your phone off when you charge it, go for it.

tunguitvn

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
The battery in your car uses lead sulfate and sulfuric acid to hold a charge while the battery in your phone uses carbon, graphite and lithium salt. They're completely different and have completely different care methods. Charging your phone while it's on does not cause any appreciable increase in wear. If you don't want to believe me I don't really care, but my credentials are that I'm an electrical engineer with a focus on solid state electronics. If you really want to keep turning your phone off when you charge it, go for it.

You are correct but not everyone knows about this. So if I could make an App like that idea, I still have big market.
lol, even if I make some fake apps like "fixing battery's cells", I still can get lot of users, just saying.

Anyway, thanks for your info and I am still looking forward for more ideas from you.
hmm, how about 10% profit of total income in 3 months if your idea come to my app?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

You didn't get the point, you don't charge a cars battery while its hooked up because power is still being drawn.
Same with the phone, best to turn it off and charge. Just saying though, you don't have to feel like you need to do it.
I do it at night while I sleep and get great battery life.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You are correct but not everyone knows about this. So if I could make an App like that idea, I still have big market.
lol, even if I make some fake apps like "fixing battery's cells", I still can get lot of users, just saying.

Anyway, thanks for your info and I am still looking forward for more ideas from you.
hmm, how about 10% profit of total income in 3 months if your idea come to my app?

Don't forget to add airplane mode for those that don't want to turn off the phone.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You didn't get the point, you don't charge a cars battery while its hooked up because power is still being drawn.
Same with the phone, best to turn it off and charge. Just saying though, you don't have to feel like you need to do it.
I do it at night while I sleep and get great battery life.

Except that during normal operation of a car the battery is charged by the alternator while it is running.

And again we're talking about two totally different battery technologies.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Except that during normal operation of a car the battery is charged by the alternator while it is running.

And again we're talking about two totally different battery technologies.

Yes I know but in order to charge every cell in the phone battery its best for it to be off.
It just lasts longer but you can continue to charge the way you like.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, after a week of researching, I found that we can not turn on phone once we completely turn it off. :(

I knew this already but wanted to see what you would come up with.
For now the power off while charging and also airplane mode would be nice.
Force fast charge for compatible kernels.

Deep in the firmware there is a way to turn the phone on but only NSA, manufactures and carriers know this.

Maybe a feature like auto kill everything in a user selected list should help even though the phone is on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad