Moto voice take a selfie command

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, on your 2nd gen moto X with moto voice, have you ever noticed when you tell it to take a selfie with a selfie command, it starts up the regular camera not the forward facing camera with a 3 second countdown timer?

Sent from my custom 2nd Gen Moto X built by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine uses the front facing camera.
No I know come my new see you the forward facing camera. As of lately though, whenever I say via moto voice take a selfie the phone's camera vibrates but it activates the regular camera and that the Ford camera. What are you doing to do is go into settings, apps, camera application, and creative force close button and crash the application and then it works for a few more times afterwards. I shouldn't have to do that and B this happens a lot. It's got to be some kind of Motorola camera app bug. I've tried to test it and play around with it a ton of times and I always get the same result. So now I'm testing the Google camera application on my phone. Which honestly was a bit faster and I read reviews online it's better in low light and dim light conditions

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It's got to be some kind of Motorola camera app bug.

I would have to totally disagree with this statement. I'm sure you would not like to do a Factory Reset, but if I was to guess (not knowing what your done with your device) is it's either a setting that you have changed since you started using this device, or it's another app causing your problem.

I have an AT&T version and a Pure Edition device, and I don't have this problem with either device.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would have to totally disagree with this statement. I'm sure you would not like to do a Factory Reset, but if I was to guess (not knowing what your done with your device) is it's either a setting that you have changed since you started using this device, or it's another app causing your problem.

I have an AT&T version and a Pure Edition device, and I don't have this problem with either device.
The reason I know it's going to be an application setting, is because with the Google camera app, I don't have that issue at all no its not faulty hardware because the camera and the flash on my phone are fine. Yeah I'm not wiping my entire phone for this one application setting lol that crap isn't happening just like anyone else on this forum. I would wipe it , however I'm sure it would but that's not going to solve what's wrong with the application itself is what to say that I was the phone, & a day later the application doesn't go back to doing the same thing? I reset my phone maybe for almost no reason? Trust me, I thought about this process long and hard a couple nights ago at work, it doesn't make sense because am i old original first gen Moto X I didn't have this issue and I just recently started having this issue I didn't change any other variables or Settings app on my phone at all it just started happening, that's why I tried to clear the cache, & 4 crash the Motorola camera application thank you no help. &, but I should have to do that every single time. And it seems like whenever I would quickly twist the phone to launch the camera app, I will get that camera error screen which would make me have to delay my shot by closing the app relaunching it and praying to God I can still get that camera shot if you know what I mean.

I mean on a lighter note, I have been using the Google camera app and well there's no shape to twist activation feature, maybe it's just me but the user interface to you I have the app runs a lot smoother than the Motorola camera app does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12