Motorola sending Nexus 6 as replacement for Moto X Dev Edition?

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There have been countless accounts on reddit on how users of 1st gen moto x's who need a replacement received A Nexus 6 because they had no OG moto x's in stock.

My phone has screen burn in and I called and they said they would replace my phone with the same model. I have a GSM Dev edition.

Is it because they have my phone in stock?

Moto X 2013 GSM Dev. Ed.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Motorola sending Nexus 6 as replacement to Moto X Dev Edition?

If they have your model in stock, they'll send you what you have as that's the warranty agreement. If they don't have your model in stock, they'll send you the next best thing. The next best thing to a dev. edition X would be a Nexus 6 since there is no dev edition 2014 Moto X.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Wow. I would really love to know the answer to this one. Ha

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I hope they don't have mine in stock. I don't want to get another 2013 so that it has the same issue again and the warranty is out by then.

Moto X 2013 GSM Dev. Ed.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

My wife had to get a replacement ATT Moto X 2013 and she ended up with an LG3. I think it's whatever they have that's equivalent (at least with Asurion)...

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

My 2013 xt1503de has a cracked back and nonworking flash. Going to call then tomorrow. Oh I activated in January so its under the 1year warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I called Motorola two days ago and they confirmed that if they do not have the phone in stock they will offer a upgrade to an equivalent device. I had them call the tech department and could not confirm they had any xt1503de. He said it was a 80% chance that I might get the upgrade. They said that customer service will call me back. Still waiting.

I'll let you know what happens.

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you let me know if they give you a next gen replacement ASAP? my Dev edition has some screen burn in and I would like to know if they have the DE in stock. Thanks!

Moto X 2013 GSM Dev. Ed.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I sure will. There has been no activity with the claim since it was initially opened 3/19. They have my current one listed but no info as of yet for the replacement, though they charged that holding fee of $250 for an advance replacement. I'll call then tomorrow.

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Hopefully you get a 2014. Lol
I love the original moto x but if I can get a free replacement for the newer phone I wouldn't hesitate .

Moto X 2013 GSM Dev. Ed.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
" We are reaching out to you in regards about a open/pending case here at Motorola, We apologize for the inconvenience with the delay but we currently do not have your device in stock, due to the inconvenience we would like to upgrade you to the Nexus 6 (Midnight blue 32 gb for T-Mobile)

In order for us to make the change and send out the device please reply to this email and we will make the proper changes on your order and get the replacement shipped out as soon as possible.*

Regards,
Motorola Support"

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Motorola and I should have my Nexus 6 by Friday. The warranty of the xt1053de still holds for the replacement as well.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
They could not confirm with me on Thursday that the phone was or was not in stock. Yesterday I spoke to 2nd level tech support and they told me that they did not have it and that my replacement would be a Nexus 6 if I agreed.

If you need to fix your phone just do it. My xt1053de development a crack in the white back, flash stopped working and an interment Sim card issue.

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I sure will. There has been no activity with the claim since it was initially opened 3/19. They have my current one listed but no info as of yet for the replacement, though they charged that holding fee of $250 for an advance replacement. I'll call then tomorrow.

just got off chat with a moto rep, he said my phone was in stock and that i can replace it. I am very confused.
imurrx, You did say however, "They have my current one listed but no info as of the replacement"
-By this did you mean: they thought they had your phone in stock? Because in your more recent post you stated that they contacted you about an inconvenience im guessing they weren't sure and they checked the warehouse and notified you about it.

I hope this is the case for me as well. :(

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the confusion. In the initial email they listed my phone as the returning device and there was no phone listed in the replacement field.

Now if they are saying that the xt1053de is in stock, they either got their stock replenished or they are saying that to discourage MotoX 2013 owners from getting a free upgrade if it not warranted.

If you need to fix your device, then just go for it. You loose nothing.