Late to the party - I'm getting a Moto X 2014

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, after using a 1st Gen. Moto X for about a 1 1/2 years, it's time to move on. My 2013 Moto X was having hardware issues and the kind folks at Motorola Mobility are replacing it with a 2014. It won't be here until April. I'm guessing that's because they're no longer manufacturered in Texas. While I wait for my new 2014 to arrive, I'm reading up on all the new features I've been missing out on. I'm looking forward to using a launch phrase other than "Okay Google Now" (because if my Nexus 10 is in the room, it also responds).

In hindsight, I wish I ordered the 32GB version instead of the 16. I'm kicking myself, because the order already went through.

Anyway... Anything that I should make sure I do when I take my 2014 out of the box? :)

One thing I need to do is update my signature! :)

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Get a case.

That's really good advice. The back of my purple 2014 Moto X is definitely a lot more slippery than my navy 2013 Moto X, and having the Cimo Wave TPU back cover on it has been invaluable. It's tough to put any kind of cover on such a nice-looking phone, but it can sure go flying out of your hand really easily.