Been running the OG Moto X again for a couple of weeks. Man, it feels great in hand

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have other "more powerful" phones. Just saying that the OG still feels great in hand.
Even though it's X8 includes only a dual core SD...it's no snail.
If it had better camera software....well, it's a great phone.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Agree...although I don't own any "more powerful" phones. I've played with many in the stores, but just don't believe in the bigger is better mentality. I've even been using mine naked for the past month or so and just love how the smaller 4.7" size feels in hand.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I kind of regret getting the walnut Moto X, as the size does feel great in the hand, but the wood is extremely slippery. Wish other OEMs would go back to 4.7" screen sizes with minimal bezel.

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a galaxy s4, this moto x is like a Ferrari. And I like the smaller screen much better. I think 4.7 is the perfect size for a phone.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have other "more powerful" phones. Just saying that the OG still feels great in hand.
Even though it's X8 includes only a dual core SD...it's no snail.
If it had better camera software....well, it's a great phone.
I'm liking it a lot. Kind of wish I had gotten it a while ago. All of the hands free features are awesome. It may not be the fastest, but it's fast enough for what I do.

I'll probably get the Moto X 2014 by the end of the year. Sure, I'll always be "behind" as far as specs go, but if you wait a while, the price goes way down. I'll probably be able to get the X '14 for $200-220 (new) by then.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree the OG Moto X is the perfect size for me as well.My Moto X still runs smooth ,screen size is large enough for me,and the list goes on.I never had a regret purchasing this phone,I had it 1 1/2 years. :)

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It's does. I just got upgraded to the Nexus 6 from a x1053de by Motorola.

Two days in I miss the ability to use just one hand and some of the extra enhancements that the X had. In particular the camera twist action, gallery navigation, camera controls and the camera touch and shoot. Also the voice commands in touchless control and active mic is better on the X. It (voice command) is more responsive and accurate. It is the second best ergonomic phone; the best being the Prē 2..

The Nexus has a nicer screen, much better texting and swiping, marginally better camera , and snappier and smoother. Battery life is a little better than the X my usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Still rocking the OG Moto X.
Have used the Nexus 6 and the size grows on you. A great phone.
Typing is easier and it is a bit snappier.
Point is:
One doesn't give up a whole lot going back to the OG X.
Going to keep it in the rotation.
It has earned it on merit not nostalgia.
Good Luck with your Nexus.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I wish Android would implement is the same swiping that webOS has. Unfortunately I have not seen a good implementation of it in Android yet.

The new multitasker in lollipop is a vertical version of webOS 1.x cards.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca