Active Display Now Flashes

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Some time recently my active display started acting differently. The phone now flashes once and then shows the email envelope icon briefly when I get a new email. It never had the flash before and I find it distracting. This happens with all three email apps I use, so it doesn't seem to be related to the email app itself. I cannot find any way to turn this off. Does anyone have insight on this, is it happening to others, and does anyone know how to turn off the flashing?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
That is how it is designed to work and has always done so. You can turn individual apps off of active display in settings, active display, select apps.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In addition to what Rocketsaucev2 mentioned you can go to those same settings and uncheck the Automatically select downloaded apps at the top .That way it wont automatically add it to the active display list,unless you prefer it to be like that. :)

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I went through and unchecked a whole bunch of apps, leaving just email, messaging, and voicemail. The phone now does not flash any longer, just the envelope shows up and blinks when I get an email. No screen flashing, just like it used to be. So I guess some other app was causing this.