"Removed apps and users" using lots of data

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Looking at my recent data usage something called "Removed apps and users" has used a massive amount of data compared to everything else. I've only noticed it recently. Anybody know what this is?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 82130.jpg
    82130.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 79

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It means that you uninstalled or disabled some apps recently and that data was used by them during the period selected in the stats,.

Other possibility is that you used the new lollipop feature to create different accounts in your phone or activate the guest user. And after some use you removed them.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
It means that you uninstalled or disabled some apps recently and that data was used by them during the period selected in the stats,.

Other possibility is that you used the new lollipop feature to create different accounts in your phone or activate the guest user. And after some use you removed them.

Aaaahh OK, I get it. No I haven't created any different accounts, so it must be data used by apps that I've recently uninstalled. Thanks for clearing that up for me

jaylibr87

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Welcome! Glad it helped.

I'm having same issue. And it's taking so much data that I can't install any more apps.

Yet. I've also deleted apps to save space / data. I deleted 3 apps, still said "storage space running out". But without doing anything else. I (tried to) re-install one app that I just deleted / uninstalled. (Slots app) and it wouldn't let me install it saying too much data or whatever. The same app I just had, deleted and I can't get it back.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Jay

The "remove apps and users". You click on it. But you can't seem to do anything at all with it....

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Jay, welcome to the forums! If I understood correctly your problem is completely different than the OP's. He was trying to understand why 'removed apps and users' were using so much mobile data (not storage). Those were apps the he used for a while and then uninstalled. That number reflects how much data those uninstalled apps used through his mobile connection while they were still active.

You seem to have storage problems and there's no enough free space in your internal storage to install new apps. Take a look at this guide on how to deal with storage issues.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315804
[GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings

Basically you need to remove some apps and personal files (SMS, media, etc) until the system let you install more apps. Also, go to settings - storage and check who's taking most of your internal storage. You could post a screenshot here and we'll try to figure out what's going on.

Angeline_Irene

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Javier (or anyone kind enough to take an interest in my redundant post)...

Here's a pic of the offense:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=RHU2S0pXelkxdmUxRGw5RGhDYVRGSXpLSEc2OHVn

Hopefully it works.

Since that cycle ended, there's been no additional data used, so maybe it's just the consequence of one if my random app purges.

I'm concerned, though, bc I'll be switching mobile plans and that's enough data consumption to throw me into a higher data bracket. How can I manage—if not fully resolve—this issue?

Thank you!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Angeline, welcome to the forums. Yeah, you're right. Those 353mb were used by apps that are no longer installed in your phone. They are not using data since that that cycle ended.

8d0e0ba2481741171355cc72ea875e9a.jpg

Angeline_Irene

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!

So any suggestions on how to minimize this date usage going forward? And to clarify, the usage is not related to removals, per se, but to the apps' activity for that period prior to removal, right?

So it would seem best to use more discretion in general as to the apps I install...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!

So any suggestions on how to minimize this date usage going forward? And to clarify, the usage is not related to removals, per se, but to the apps' activity for that period prior to removal, right?

So it would seem best to use more discretion in general as to the apps I install...

Yes, the usage is related to the apps activity for that period.

More discretion is the way to go :) Check in that screen which apps are using most of your data and you can restrict background data for anyone of them.

Cowboys94945

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't give that option on certain apps under data usage. The removed apps has been my biggest data user for months. Up to 10x more than my apps I use all the time. So I'm at a lose as to what to do?? Help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that the Removed Apps and Users continues to go up, even though you're not unininstalling any more apps? That shouldn't be happening.

pam leach

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Looking at my recent data usage something called "Removed apps and users" has used a massive amount of data compared to everything else. I've only noticed it recently. Anybody know what this is?

Yes! It's happened to me a couple of times! Massive amts of days usage and I don't evendors know what it is!

This ha's happened to me several times! I barely use any dat at all! My month is up in a few days and I've only used 14.01 mgs. When that remove apps and users, it users huge amts of data#

I'm not convinced that that's the problem. My data usage went sky high, put me over my plan, in fact. And I didn't delete any apps.

Xxjaccx

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that the Removed Apps and Users continues to go up, even though you're not unininstalling any more apps? That shouldn't be happening.
Im having the same problem. Actually had a corrupted chrome and new phone now trying to prevent same problem. Seems no one can help me. I've even downloaded archived info from chrome I have all added extensions and sync settings, I have 4 chrome apps running cache in background processes. One tech wanted me to USB my chrome info from phone to laptop to use clean up tool and see what was in it and there were exclamation points on almost everything we were trying to smartswitch over saying there were hidden files. I'm going to lose my mind soon. Finally went into developer mode against all techs wishes and changed settings found all this crap and I now even have 2 VPNs set up but I still need to find a way to fix chrome. Any suggestions?

Xxjaccx

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes I have the same problem but my removed apps and users thing is using 30 GB of data. It's mostly on WiFi and I do have unlimited data but I'm afraid my carrier will start throttling data for me and the 2 other people on the plan. Not to mention I have a nice grandfathered account I will be really mad if this causes the carrier to make me update to the new more expensive unlimited everything plan. This has been going on since late October. I had a software corruption in chrome had the phone hardwiped but it was damaged from the corruption still so I got a new phone but I of course signed into my new phone with the same Google Gmail account and I'm afraid something bad may have been saved somewhere since I'm having strange issues on the new phone too now. I've ran literally every malware and virus scan and even tech support doesn't know how to fix it. They said that there's some corruption issues chrome can get that can only be fixed by going through manually all the extensions and saved settings in Google account. I can't find a single person who knows how to do that but I have 3 folders in my drive of download archive Google data and screenshots of the odd things going on. I've saved all the data hoping someone will finally come along that knows how to look through it and delete whatever corrupted data is causing all this. I can't just wipe chrome and start a new Google account because I was dumb and for years I have been saving and backing up everything to it including every password to every account I have. I'd be screwed and locked out of everything. And of course the login data for every site populates with stars never showing what the login info is. I'd really appreciate any suggestions because things are weird I'm logging into apps from all over the country and have some other strange things happening. I'm trying to prevent this phone from becoming possessed like my last one, it was really bad it got into everything and took over my whole phone even deleting alot of pictures and things in my backup which was beyond upsetting. I had to download SwiftKey keyboard on the new phone even because the Galaxy S7 keyboard was still making up its own words and not allowing you to correct it, it deliberately put the same letters back if you tried to delete and fix it. My data connection is horrible I am on WiFi and constantly have issues with email saying no Internet connection and I've been through 3 different email apps already because suddenly there's problems with sending or receiving legitimate emails it says it is trying to retrieve the sender very certificate and won't go through, meanwhile I have no issues receiving tons of spam emails while this is happening. Sync issues all over the phone, speed test shows ping is through the roof but DL speeds are 2 or 3 and upload is 1.3. I'm having trouble getting any pages to load at all sometimes I get the times out no response error or the been directed too many times error, or the page will load and for just a second a screen pops up saying connection interrupted change in network detected but then it just continues to load like nothing happened. I have screenshots of all of this too. Basically everything is a mess and I'm doing everything I can to stop the bleeding. Can't even use smartswitch to transfer data to computer every data file in Chrome has exclamation point error saying there's hidden files. I use every safe search tool and VPN to lock and encryption everything but I think I'm only holding it down from further corruption temporarily. Open tabs frequently flash and move around and chrome is frozen until it's done. Google play services will out of nowhere say it has to close and the other night I must have sent 40 error reports it just kept interrupting what I was doing to have me send error reports. Chrome does this too as well as a few other apps. I do not click on any weird links or download anything but apps from the play store and only ones made by Google or company names I know. I literally do everything right and still am having problems. I'm at a loss of what to do. I need help.

Targeted Individual

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Everyone thinks 9 that removed apps and users is a bug or glitch. No, this is not a glitch, not a bug, but a HACKER attack. I know this because I have had this group of hackers following and harassing me for almost 3 years now. Such bad asses, that they just keep corrupting my devices and hijacking my network. I know I will find them someday and am looking to hire another hacker to catch them and get me some locations. At that point, you they will pay dearly. They have screwed up my life so badly, getting me fired from 2 jobs by corrupting data entry, appointments, clients names all pointing directly at me and making it look like I am making errors. 54 Laptops, 19 Smart Phones, 8 Apple devices, 15 Tablets, 2 Droid notebooks, 4 Chromebooks.. ALL rendered useless. Unable to be powered on. They have literally cost me over $200,000 in time and devices and I have reported this to the authorities, over and over. To the point that I even said, "when I find them, I will murder each and everyone of them". The cops didn't do a thing, the FBI hung up on me, so what now? Do I take the law into my own hands?

If I walked you through where the embedded data is in your Chrome account, you would trip out. Tell ya what, I know the exact instructions on how to hack into a Chromebook. If you will help me submit this to Google, I'll split it with you. I mean the reward. And just to let you know, I feel your pain man X10. These MFing people have been harassing me for almost 3 years. Just a hint for you.. they have embedded a folder with instructions to create a printer for you, A Fed-Ex printer at that, so that is one way of getting into your devices, other are numerous enumerator adaptors, I have also found a Mojo Public Router Feed. This is all such BS, I want ot kill these people so bad.

PIXIETAT2

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
Everyone thinks 9 that removed apps and users is a bug or glitch. No, this is not a glitch, not a bug, but a HACKER attack. I know this because I have had this group of hackers following and harassing me for almost 3 years now. Such bad asses, that they just keep corrupting my devices and hijacking my network. I know I will find them someday and am looking to hire another hacker to catch them and get me some locations. At that point, you they will pay dearly. They have screwed up my life so badly, getting me fired from 2 jobs by corrupting data entry, appointments, clients names all pointing directly at me and making it look like I am making errors. 54 Laptops, 19 Smart Phones, 8 Apple devices, 15 Tablets, 2 Droid notebooks, 4 Chromebooks.. ALL rendered useless. Unable to be powered on. They have literally cost me over $200,000 in time and devices and I have reported this to the authorities, over and over. To the point that I even said, "when I find them, I will murder each and everyone of them". The cops didn't do a thing, the FBI hung up on me, so what now? Do I take the law into my own hands?

I am having the same issue and they completely destroyed everything and are ruining my life! They make you feel like you're going crazy because nobody believes you. I wish you the best of luck in catching them.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Neither Verizon nor Samsung can help me. If I have a hacker I am unaware of it. On the other hand phone says 17 gb data but VZW says 12 so maybe it is a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar