06-06-2015 06:03 AM
31 12
tools
    Since our motto asks from 2014 has been out for some time now, I was just wondering some personal opinion of whatever and still thinks about the Moto X.? Free exalt I love the software just waiting for 5.1 and volte support just like everyone else here is overall unless you really pushed off on hard and better life is pretty good to me what does everyone else think? I absolutely love the screen, build quality, camera is pretty good for what I need by the way I'm using the Google camera application which I love. Thanks again...

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0
    05-13-2015 04:30 PM
    I still love my Moto X 2014.I haven't had any issues to speak of , its been a good device for me.I will be glad to see it get updated to 5.1 too. My guess is it won't be too much longer til it does get that update.
    As far as volte goes its just not that big of an issue with me,I know it is with others though .
    The camera has worked fine for my needs (stock camera)
    On2Vegas likes this.
    05-14-2015 07:11 AM
    I still love my Moto X 2014.I haven't had any issues to speak of , its been a good device for me.I will be glad to see it get updated to 5.1 too. My guess is it won't be too much longer til it does get that update.
    As far as volte goes its just not that big of an issue with me,I know it is with others though .
    The camera has worked fine for my needs (stock camera)
    I know you let the head of the stock camera works fine for you. They quick twist gesture worked okay it's just that the key stock camera application for those a lot and when I would return to the home screen it would redraw itself a ton of times. As far as a software on the build quality is bulletproof. Thanks for your response nice to hear what everyone else thinks about their own phones lol I so totally can't wait for the 5.1 update with volte ...

05-14-2015 07:32 AM
    Just over a month ago, I switched from a 1st Gen Moto X on VZW to a 2nd Gen Moto X on Republic Wireless. I still love the feel in hand of the 1st Gen, but the 2nd Gen Moto X does have some nice upgrades and the build quality is awesome (I went 32 gig with bamboo back). RW phones have a special ROM to enable hybrid calling (wifi/cellular) and as such, I'm still on 4.4.4 KitKat, which I'm fine with. I have 5.1.1 Lollipop on my N7 2013 tablet and to me, it's not a big deal not having yet on the phone. With the phone, it's more important to me to have a solid stable build which 4.4.4 provides. I have both camera apps on my phone but usually use the stock because of the twist gesture. I just try to avoid taking pictures in low light situations.
    05-14-2015 08:24 AM
    I switched to a 2014 pure edition Moto x about 2 months ago coming from a gen 1 moto x. I love the 2014 edition. I really like the larger screen compared to the gen 1 device. My wife still uses the gen 1 daily and when i plug both in at night to charge her's feels way too small for me now. I think the 5.x screen size of the 2014 moto x is probably ideal for me. I work with a few folks that have 6 inch phones and i have to say that is slightly too large for my tastes. My 2014 moto x pure has android 5.0 on it and i am waiting for the 5.1.1 update now like everyone else. I dont have any real complaints about 5.0 on the 2014 moto and haven't noticed too many odd issues. I did purchase the 2014 used from ebay and after a full system wipe and restore the device has been solid with decent battery life. My day starts at 6:00am and by the time i am throwing it on the counter to charge at night around 10:00-11:00pm im usually at 30-20 % battery life left. I use it moderately through the day with mornings , noon time and evenings getting the most use.

I havent owned any other android phone other than the moto x's but i have to say the clean interface that moto has and seems to be keeping is a win in my book. I work in IT as a system admin and having to deal with some of the other android skins that replace the clean interface of the moto design sometimes drives me nuts.

I hope the camera gets some attention from moto for the 2015 moto x. It definitely seems better than the 2013 model but more often that not when i review pics after taking them i get a sense of wishing for a better camera. It needs a kick in the optic stabilization department and focus.

thanks. Doug
    05-14-2015 10:02 AM
    Have been a happy Moto X 2nd Gen owner since December. Big upgrade from the LG Optimus L9.

Of course camera could be better but other than that it has been a pretty solid device. Build quality is very good!
    05-14-2015 04:53 PM
    I switched to a 2014 pure edition Moto x about 2 months ago coming from a gen 1 moto x. I love the 2014 edition. I really like the larger screen compared to the gen 1 device. My wife still uses the gen 1 daily and when i plug both in at night to charge her's feels way too small for me now. I think the 5.x screen size of the 2014 moto x is probably ideal for me. I work with a few folks that have 6 inch phones and i have to say that is slightly too large for my tastes. My 2014 moto x pure has android 5.0 on it and i am waiting for the 5.1.1 update now like everyone else. I dont have any real complaints about 5.0 on the 2014 moto and haven't noticed too many odd issues. I did purchase the 2014 used from ebay and after a full system wipe and restore the device has been solid with decent battery life. My day starts at 6:00am and by the time i am throwing it on the counter to charge at night around 10:00-11:00pm im usually at 30-20 % battery life left. I use it moderately through the day with mornings , noon time and evenings getting the most use.

I havent owned any other android phone other than the moto x's but i have to say the clean interface that moto has and seems to be keeping is a win in my book. I work in IT as a system admin and having to deal with some of the other android skins that replace the clean interface of the moto design sometimes drives me nuts.

I hope the camera gets some attention from moto for the 2015 moto x. It definitely seems better than the 2013 model but more often that not when i review pics after taking them i get a sense of wishing for a better camera. It needs a kick in the optic stabilization department and focus.

thanks. Doug
    One of the reasons I love the 2nd gen moto X with the stock vanilla lollipop 5. I also can't wait for 5.1 lollipop with volte support as I stated before as everyone else is probably also waiting for as well... I've had a couple of Samsung Android devices in my past, and got so sick and tired of touch with an HTC Sense and got so irritating. Couldn't stand it. I love stock Android I almost got the Nexus 6, but I just didn't want to 6 inch screen.

05-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Don't drop it. It is very fragile. I have had two and both suffered destroyed screens from simple, short drops. Love it otherwise. I just need to baby the hell out of it.
    05-15-2015 10:27 PM
    I love mine! Close to stock and just simple! And it looks nice! Great plus.
    05-16-2015 03:39 AM
    Yeah I must agree, I love love love my Moto X looks great performance amazingly well won't just needs volte support that's about it
    Don't drop it. It is very fragile. I have had two and both suffered destroyed screens from simple, short drops. Love it otherwise. I just need to baby the hell out of it.
    I love mine! Close to stock and just simple! And it looks nice! Great plus.

cgardnervt likes this.
    05-16-2015 04:07 AM
    I enjoy mine quite a bit. I tend to switch back and forth between it and the Nexus 6. Only real complaint I have is the camera quality, which most people have issues with. Other than that it is a great phone. I'm really interested to see what Motorola has to offer with this years Moto X.
    05-16-2015 07:31 AM
    Great phone. Best all around device from last year and still comparable to everything that has come out this year.

The only knocks it has are mediocre battery life and camera. But these are perfectly acceptable to the vast majority of users.

Sent from my XT1096
    05-16-2015 08:16 AM
    Great phone. Best all around device from last year and still comparable to everything that has come out this year.

The only knocks it has are mediocre battery life and camera. But these are perfectly acceptable to the vast majority of users.

Sent from my XT1096
    You know, the one thing I realize about this phone, is that if you have all the settings correct on a, the battery life isn't too too bad. However, I will admit though that I try to downgrade my facebook version of my app that he would say when battery power but my Google Play services using this application what up so I'm testing it out right now to have my facebook app completely uninstalled. To try to save on battery power. Does anyone here know of a great Facebook alternative application that I could use that's half decent? Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

05-16-2015 12:18 PM
    I enjoy mine quite a bit. I tend to switch back and forth between it and the Nexus 6. Only real complaint I have is the camera quality, which most people have issues with. Other than that it is a great phone. I'm really interested to see what Motorola has to offer with this years Moto X.
    Like I might have mentioned before, I almost bought the Nexus 6... Honestly, if it wasn't for the sex industry in the phone I would have bought it but I'm happy happy happy with the Moto X same identical vanilla stock Android updates fast excetera...

05-16-2015 12:19 PM
    I love my 2014 Moto X but the battery life is pretty awful. It's probably the worst I've ever seen on a smartphone, and I'm not kidding. Mine is only a few months old and needs 2-3 charges each day and that's with moderate use. Might be a deal breaker for some. It does support QC 2.0 which is nice though.
    05-16-2015 09:29 PM
    I love my 2014 Moto X but the battery life is pretty awful. It's probably the worst I've ever seen on a smartphone, and I'm not kidding. Mine is only a few months old and needs 2-3 charges each day and that's with moderate use. Might be a deal breaker for some. It does support QC 2.0 which is nice though.
    Like I said, honestly, as long as I don't GPS via Google Maps for too too long in my car my battery will you at least 13 hours per charge. I can't ask for anything more than that from the 2300 mAh battery.

05-16-2015 09:59 PM
    I like mine quite a bit so far. This is my first non-Nexus Android phone (Nexus 1, 4 and 5).

I wish they would add media controls to the Moto Active Display.

The issues with the camera seem to have more to do with the camera app / software than the actual hardware, granted the hardware isn't great, but it seems to take decent pictures if the camera app stays out of the way. So many times I'll try and take a picture and the app fires as soon as I touch the screen, before it bothers auto-focusing on anything or giving me a moment to steady the phone.
    05-16-2015 10:31 PM
    I like mine quite a bit so far. This is my first non-Nexus Android phone (Nexus 1, 4 and 5).

I wish they would add media controls to the Moto Active Display.

The issues with the camera seem to have more to do with the camera app / software than the actual hardware, granted the hardware isn't great, but it seems to take decent pictures if the camera app stays out of the way. So many times I'll try and take a picture and the app fires as soon as I touch the screen, before it bothers auto-focusing on anything or giving me a moment to steady the phone.
    Does true, the camera hardware is pretty decent the camera software can be worked on. Thats why I'm using the Google camera application on my phone which does wonders.

05-16-2015 10:32 PM
    I have a Moto X pure edition. I purchased it in December 2014. It immediately updated to lollipop. For the first few months it was a great phone, but lately it has become very buggy, I don't know if it's a lollipop issue or what. Moto voice turns itself off several times a week, there's a screen redraw bug, and it just seems like it's not as smooth or bug free as the Moto X 2013. Moto voice was more accurate on the 2013 Moto X. I could count the times on one hand my 2013 Moto crashed or hesitated. I love the hardware but the software is very buggy on the 2014 Moto X. Also, attentive display never worked, trusted places use to work and now works periodically. Trusted devices has stopped working. I've tried very hard to like this phone, I loved the 2013 version but this is ridiculous, Motorola should have done better than this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2015 03:04 PM
    I have a Moto X pure edition. I purchased it in December 2014. It immediately updated to lollipop. For the first few months it was a great phone, but lately it has become very buggy, I don't know if it's a lollipop issue or what. Moto voice turns itself off several times a week, there's a screen redraw bug, and it just seems like it's not as smooth or bug free as the Moto X 2013. Moto voice was more accurate on the 2013 Moto X. I could count the times on one hand my 2013 Moto crashed or hesitated. I love the hardware but the software is very buggy on the 2014 Moto X.

You know I'll be honest with you, I find the phone overall I love it, I have disabled moto voice their works alright but the ok Google command work a lot better and faster. I don't mind highlighting the screen to activate it regardless.

05-26-2015 03:15 PM
    I have a Moto X pure edition. I purchased it in December 2014. It immediately updated to lollipop. For the first few months it was a great phone, but lately it has become very buggy, I don't know if it's a lollipop issue or what. Moto voice turns itself off several times a week, there's a screen redraw bug, and it just seems like it's not as smooth or bug free as the Moto X 2013. Moto voice was more accurate on the 2013 Moto X. I could count the times on one hand my 2013 Moto crashed or hesitated. I love the hardware but the software is very buggy on the 2014 Moto X. Also, attentive display never worked, trusted places use to work and now works periodically. Trusted devices has stopped working. I've tried very hard to like this phone, I loved the 2013 version but this is ridiculous, Motorola should have done better than this.

Most of those problems seem to be lollipop related so its essentially down to Google's OS, not Motorola's phone, although admittedly Motorola are taking their time releasing the 5.1 update which could solve some of those issues

05-27-2015 12:14 PM
    Most of those problems seem to be related to lollipop so its down to Google, not Motorola

I mean like I said, the only real issue I have with the phone is the lack of volte support but once we get 5.1 that worry for myself will go out the window. What do I have to complain about, the phone is fast, smooth, fluid everyday stuff native Android is really no reason to complain about it at all.

05-27-2015 12:16 PM
    I love my Moto x 2nd gen. I had some issues with the wood backings but I changed it early on for a plastic backing. While it's not as nice looking I have still been super happy with it!

The software set is what I enjoy the most. Near stock android has been a great experience thus far. Updates have been quick and moto voice is nice on the rare few times I have used it.

Would I upgrade to another device yet? No. Nothing has come out that's gotten my interest just yet. I may pickup the 2015 edition if its worth the upgrade. Of course like my current one it will be carrier free and unlocked! I hope the price tag stays in the $550 or less as well. The device has been nothing but reliable. 2 thumbs up come from me! :-)

CF-105 likes this.
    05-28-2015 05:11 AM
    My Pure Edition has been really good since I got it in December. Subpar camera, yes, but take many shots and some will be good. As to battery, just a handful of times have I ever really needed to recharge before bedtime, though my usage may be less than many peoples'. Generally happy with Lollipop, and the Moto extras especially. Minor lags that I hope 5.1 will fix as it has on my Nexus 7. Overall I'm pleased with it and hoping to get 2 years out of it. We shall see.
    05-30-2015 11:45 AM
    I loved my 1st gen for its size and feel and love my 2nd gen for its RAM, storage and processor but honestly id be happy with the size of the 1st gen with the same RAM, storage and processor of the 2nd gen. Regardless it's still better than any branded android phone ive had.
    06-02-2015 02:43 PM
31 12