I send group messages for work as well as to the parents of the baseball team that I coach. I have these groups set up in my Google Contacts. Unfortunately groups don't show up on the Moto X contacts. I can't understand why, but they don't. On my Note 4 I can start a text, select the group from my contacts and type my message. It's quick and easy. If I were to do that on the Moto X I would need to select each contact individually. That's ridiculous. Am I missing something? Is there a way to see my contact groups and send a text message to them? Thanks.

Sent from my 2014 Moto X
    05-29-2015 09:34 AM
    Native Google/Android apps (like the stock Messaging app and the Gmail app) don't implement groups very well (or at all in some respects). For example, in order to send an email to one of my Google Contacts groups, I have to use a 3rd party app called Gmail Group Share.

For texting you may have to use a 3rd party app like Textra or GroupMe.
    Native Google/Android apps (like the stock Messaging app and the Gmail app) don't implement groups very well (or at all in some respects). For example, in order to send an email to one of my Google Contacts groups, I have to use a 3rd party app called Gmail Group Share.

cwbcpa likes this.
    05-29-2015 11:07 AM

Yep. I use that same app for email. I just tried Textra and I can send texts to groups using that. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my Note 4
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-29-2015 12:37 PM