How do I remove the back of my Motorola Moto X phone?

A

AC Question

how do I remove the back of my motorola moto X phone

I need to get the IMEI number and having trouble removing back of my phone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I remove the back of my motorola moto X phone

Try dialing *#06# on the phone - that's pretty universal.

To get the back cover off, IIRC (I haven't had one in my hands in a while) it's a tricky "shove your fingernail in the space between the cover and the body and slide" kind of thing. There's no little cutout to indicate where to start. There are little snaps that snap into little holes. A fingernail should be thick enough to pop one of the snaps when you get to it.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I need to get the IMEI number and having trouble removing back of my phone

The back of the moto x (both 1st & 2nd generation) is not designed to be user removable. The backs are adhered to the battery with very strong adesive. I would not attempt removing it unless you are well versed in such procedures. The device's imei number can be located under Settings>About Phone>Status or by using dial codes as the other poster mentioned. Good luck but please be careful.

***edit*** Now that I think about it, I doubt the imei number is even printed under the back of the moto X at all.

I play with my food

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I remove the back of my motorola moto X phone

You're right about the back - I was thinking of an HTC I watched a store manager open. As I said, it's been a while since I had a Moto X to work on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay