Battery starting to go...

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Moto X (2013) in January 2014. Been having a great battery experience since Day 1. I'm now starting to see a slow reduction is battery life. I've had Battery Saver on my Moto for a while and its been slowly downgrading measured mAH (2200 original vs 1712 now). Anyone else experiencing the same? Can anything be done?

Screenshot_2015-07-06-19-28-58.png

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Replace the battery. Any cellphone repair shop can do it. Some will even do it while you wait if they stock the replacement or order it ahead of time. Labor charge isn't much.

DO NOT waste time on so-called 'battery repair' apps! Strictly bogus crapware!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Replace the battery. Any cellphone repair shop can do it. Some will even do it while you wait if they stock the replacement or order it ahead of time. Labor charge isn't much.

DO NOT waste time on so-called 'battery repair' apps! Strictly bogus crapware!

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have two XT1053s. One purchased in December 2013 and one purchased in October of 2014. Both were NIB. This last April the oldest one was starting to show battery loss in that it would only go for about 18 hours before needing a charge. As we were going on a three week vacation I copied the contents to the new one (gotta love Motorola Migrate) and swapped the SIM. Just for grins I factory reset on the older unit and then shut it off and put it in the drawer. After we got back I copied everything back to the older one and again used it as my daily carry. Much to my surprise I found that it would easily go 24 to 36 hours on a charge.<!> So- try a factory reset before giving up on it. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got mine a couple months after they launched. I do a cache partition wipe about every two weeks or so. So far so good on the battery. It still gets me through my full day from about 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. before I put it on the charger again for the night.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try this first. I've never had to do a factory reset on the device and would like to see if I can get away with not having to open it up. Thanks.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try this first. I've never had to do a factory reset on the device and would like to see if I can get away with not having to open it up. Thanks.

If you haven't received the 5.1 update yet I'd wait to factory resetting until then. It's a pain, but almost always worth it after a major update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49