Why my moto x died out of the blue?

lelotortelli

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys

Today, out of the blue, my phone just blacked out. It kept working (I'd get notifications sounds, for instance), but I just can't see anything on the screen. The Moto X's 'Active Screen' still appears (so notifications and time both appear), but as soon as I unlock it, it remains black. Lollypop 5.1 here.

- Forced reset it and I got the options 'regular power up', 'factory reset', 'recovery', 'bp tools', 'bar code'.
- Tried regular and factory and they both reset the phone but same thing happens
- Tried 'recovery' but it shows the android's droid laid down and 'no command' (there's no SD card on moto x 2013)
- Tried connecting USB to my mac/pc but both desktops can't connect the phone
- Tried connecting via bluetooth but it doesn't work
- Tried changing SIM card, but again doesn't work
- Left it idle for 8 hours, shut down, and nothing!

I'm going crazy guys... did it just die forever??

thanks!!

Gabriel

Gunner588

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Get a copy of the fastboot files from Motorola (has lately been included with the factory image for dev phones) unzip into a folder on your pc. With the phone in fastboot mode and you connect the cable via a 2.0 USB port. Look at the fastboot screen on the phone it should say cable connected. If not you have either a cable or usb driver issue you will have to clear up. Change folders to the folder you unzipped you should see a Darwin, Linux, and Windows folder. Change into the windows folder hold the shift key down and right click on the screen, select open command prompt here. Type fastboot devices and hit enter. Copy and post the result here in the forum. What you don't want to see is the Qualcomm error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49