Updated MotoX to Lollipop 5.1 and lost my phone numbers! How can I get them back?

A

AC Question

Updated MotoX to Lollipop 5.1 and lost my phone numbers!

I updated my MotoX to Lollipop 5.1 after my phone prompted me to. After doing so, I noticed all my text messages from past conversations had no names associated with them...only phone numbers! And after looking at my contacts (where I would normally select names to make phone calls) I saw that all my contacts have no phone numbers associated with them...only email addresses. What is going on here?! How can I fix this?

One interesting item to note: I had my wife's numbers entered on my phone as "My Wife". So when she called, "My Wife" came up on the sreen, not her name. Now, there is no contact named "My Wife" and only her full name with her email, and no phone number. This seems to be the information I have of her from my google account.

Surely someone has run into this same problem and can provide some guidance. I'm very frustrated! How could an Android update remove all my phone numbers?!

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Updated MotoX to Lollipop 5.1 and lost my phone numbers!

I had same thing happen to me. And of course the contacts weren't all backed to gmail. I just had to re-add them and make sure they backed up. Was a pain

Posted via the Android Central App