Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So, this year will see people being able to choose from even more combinations for their custom Moto X.

* Silicon/rubber/plastic backs in many colors

* Natural options

* New type of leather options

* Metal Accents

* 3 options for the Metal Frame

The last option impresses me the most. I love the look of the gold frame on the demo units that were shown.

Even though my final choice will have to wait till I can see it in Moto Maker, I've sorta have an idea of what my phone will be customized to look like.

- Black, front lens
- Gold Frame
- Gold Accent
- Black Leather or Black Silicon back

What are your possible combos?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: What Color Combo for the Moto X?

I need to see moto maker live. I like the very dark wood with bright silver accents. But I also like several plastic shells.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I've been wanting leather for a long time.....But idk which color. I'll have to see how they look with accents. I don't think I'll go with the black one. The tan, red, and navy are kinda nice. I have no idea and am so indecisive, it might take me till Moto X 2016 to make up my mind.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I need to see moto maker live. I like the very dark wood with bright silver accents. But I also like several plastic shells.

Yeah. I wish they would open up Moto Maker early that way we could start playing around with the options. Maybe make it easier to comes to a conclusion early on exactly what I want.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I played with the Moto Maker for the new G to get a rough idea on what it would be like for the accents. I like the 2014 accents better where the speaker grills were included, but no biggie.

I am leaning towards wood, likely the ebony wood, maybe a red accent. Not entirely sure until I get to actually customize it. I would like it if they put the Moto Maker up now so users can try out combo's and even offer up the ability to pre-order sooner.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm always worried about the wood backs. The grain pattern varying from one to another means I may get one that I may not like.

Is that crazy?

yes, that is crazy, lol ... but that's why moto maker is amazing, we can be as picky as we want!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I want gold.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I want to see how the red leather and bamboo backs look like. Those two looks the best IMO

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I'm hoping next year that Moto can figure a way for them to make a removable back on these things that look flush and fluid so that we can change whenever we want. I do think that'd be pretty good business for them. I'd certainly own a few.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

My favourites from the list I have seen are these two:

Mars-red-back-with-metallic-lemon-lime-accents.jpg

Cabernet-back-with-metallic-red-accents.jpg

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...lors-196-color-combinations-available_id72087

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping next year that Moto can figure a way for them to make a removable back on these things that look flush and fluid so that we can change whenever we want. I do think that'd be pretty good business for them. I'd certainly own a few.

no doubt about it ... I'm shocked they don't offer it, as you said, I'd certainly have a few

Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

The Play has a removable back. Not sure why the Style couldn't, at least with with the non-wood and -leather materials.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I will have to play around with it to see which one I want.. First time actually using Moto Maker :D.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

They already figured that out with the Moto E and Moto G.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I've gone with turquoise the last two years, but I would be interested in that color between the Turquoise and navy blue. While I think the Gold looks classy, I wear way more silver. I'm just hoping that your frame color isn't determined by your front color like it was last year. I'd like to see the brighter silver frame with the black front (since the IR sensors are still gonna make the white face look like a pimply teenager). I'm favoring the red accent again, I had that on my 2013 X and I miss it since I chickened out and went with the silver on the 2014 to match the frame.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I've gone with turquoise the last two years, but I would be interested in that color between the Turquoise and navy blue. While I think the Gold looks classy, I wear way more silver. I'm just hoping that your frame color isn't determined by your front color like it was last year. I'd like to see the brighter silver frame with the black front (since the IR sensors are still gonna make the white face look like a pimply teenager). I'm favoring the red accent again, I had that on my 2013 X and I miss it since I chickened out and went with the silver on the 2014 to match the frame.

Unfortunately, it looks like the frame will indeed be based on the lens.

Check out @AndroidGuys's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AndroidGuys/status/627938618397589504?s=09

If you loom at the picture, you see the light silver and champagne are tied to the white lens and the dark gray to the black.

That's sucks!

Really wanted that black lens with the champagne frame....

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I love the ebony wood back and all black accents on my 2013 Moto X. I might go with rosewood this time & gold accents. I love the rosewood fretboards on my guitars with the gold frets, so my phone would match my guitars. Rock on!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood