Why isn't my Moto X and Subaru BT reading text messages or displaying them?

A

AC Question

Moto X and Subaru BT not reading text messages or displaying them.

I just bought a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid. It has the Navagation system and all the features that entails.

When I am in the car it will transfer all my contacts and calls to the car system, the car has a messages program too that if it would work it would ready my text messages and display them for me. My husband has a Chevy Equinox and his works.

I am wondering if there is something in my settings that I need to change so that the BT will read the messages through the car like it answers the phone.

Thanks

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't like messages displayed so I don't know anything about that issue because I never investigated that.

As for the hearing the messages through the car speaker, make sure your phone's Motorola Assist is set to "talk to me" in Driving Mode if you haven't already.

If you also like listening to your phone's MP3 files through BT, I found that setting the "Play Music" in the Driving Mode menu on solved some problems I seemed to be having with the audio from the music and the texts seeming to cause conflicts.

I've got mine set up that way, along with the Subaru's BT set to connect automatically, and also set so the phone is both a phone and media device. It works pretty slick with the exception of occasional interference I haven't been able to figure out yet, but that's not a big deal. I get in the car with my phone (BT on), and if the radio's on and set to BT, my media file (I listen to podcasts) starts where it left off, and if I get a phone call or text, the Moto Assist works as advertised - speaking to me through the car's speaker system, asking if I want to listen or ignore or answer or ignore... then lets me speak on the phone or asks me if I want to reply to the text (by speaking).

In my wife's Subaru, when I'm a passenger, I have my phone's BT profile set to media device only so I get my phone calls and texts directly from the phone's speaker through the Moto Assist driving mode.