I am returning my Moto X Play

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I love the phone the battery is a beast, yes there is a but if Chrome lag but I can live with it.

The main reason is even though I was 2,000,000 in the queue I received a OnePlus 2 invite yesterday and have ordered this and can't see the X Play getting much use then.

I would still recommend this phone and I will really miss this battery but can't justify keeping both along with my LG G4 and Zenfone 2.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: So mine is going back.

If possible, I would wait until you got the opt before returning.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I'd rather have the play than a oneplus but each to their own!

Out of interest, which country are you in? I read about people in the states returning used phones all the time but in the UK I didn't think it was possible once used unless it was faulty

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Out of interest, which country are you in? I read about people in the states returning used phones all the time but in the UK I didn't think it was possible once used unless it was faulty

Yeah I'm from the UK and I've noticed in the past that if I want to return a phone I have 14 days to do so but the phone needs to be in brand new condition with box and everything still in tact. I returned my M7 a couple of years ago as there was a chip on the top left hand side, Three (my service provider) told me that the phone would not have been shipped with that chip on it (basically calling me a liar) eventually they sent me a new one after I complained for ages lol.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Never had an issue returning under the sales of goods act in the UK within 14 days, the problem is my 14 days will be up on Tuesday next week and I already have an LG G4.

I never expected to get a OnePlus 2 invite this early, I liked my original OnePlus One and I like Oxygen OS.

If I don't get on with it can just buy another X Play but can see me not using it. As I said best battery performer ever this X Play and it's not the phones fault I am returning it.

LordLugard

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

So...what's the point of this thread?

Nothing wrong with the X you say, but you're returning it because you got an invite to buy another phone. Ok...

This necessitates starting a thread?

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

So...what's the point of this thread?

Nothing wrong with the X you say, but you're returning it because you got an invite to buy another phone. Ok...

This necessitates starting a thread?

Yes it does as I have been a real supporter of this phone and contributed a lot to these threads and wanted to explain why I was going to disappear from here.

But thanks for your comments anyway.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I think you're lucky to have been able to return used items in the UK. I think the sale if good act and distance selling rules all apply to unopened or unused items. It at least that's what I've always thought.

Hope u enjoy your oneplus. Your posts in here have been useful and much appreciated

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

After using opt please let us know which one is better?

Will do, I am now using my LG G4 while I box up the moto X Play, it feels so differnt, looking forward to the OnePlus 2.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Farewell! Good luck with that OnePlus.

I actually registered for an invite and was 360,000(ish) on the list. Haven't got an invite yet. How strange. It seems to be totally random as I'm now 418,546 in the queue. I don't really mind though, I don't intend to buy one now.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Farewell! Good luck with that OnePlus.

I actually registered for an invite and was 360,000(ish) on the list. Haven't got an invite yet. How strange. It seems to be totally random as I'm now 418,546 in the queue. I don't really mind though, I don't intend to buy one now.

Thanks.

All I can think is that I had the OnePlus One and I have been on the forum simce early 2014 I think so maybe that's why I got an invite?

Using my LG G4 and I am kind of missing the X Play right now! I have not posted it off so still time to change my mind and sell the LG G4 instead.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

I have really appreciated your input regarding the Moto Play and hope you enjoy your new toy
😊

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

How easy was the return process out of curiosity?

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

How easy was the return process out of curiosity?

Very easy spoke to them on live chat yesterday, today they send a DHL pre paid label and I dropped it off to the local depot. Should get a refund within 10 days I think they said of them getting it back.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Very easy spoke to them on live chat yesterday, today they send a DHL pre paid label and I dropped it off to the local depot. Should get a refund within 10 days I think they said of them getting it back.

I might do the same in that case. Simply because of the size. I'm finding myself increasingly wanting the smaller form factor of my Nexus 5 back. 5.5" might have been a step too far for me.

I've yet to sell my Nexus 5 so I could easily go back to using that. And then go hunting for a phone that's no bigger than my Nexus 5 (current front runner - Xperia Z5 Compact).

Last edited:

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

I might do the same in that case. Simply because of the size. I'm finding myself increasingly wanting the smaller form factor of my Nexus 5 back. 5.5" might have been a step too far for me.

I've yet to sell my Nexus 5 so I could easily go back to using that. And then go hunting for a phone that's no bigger than my Nexus 5 (current front runner - Xperia Z5 Compact).

Honor 7 may be a good shout.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Honor 7 may be a good shout.

Still a bit bigger than my Nexus 5 and the custom interface kills it for me as it's still stuck on 5.0 Lollipop. Sony has made its UI a lot more like pure Android with the Z5 series and I trust Sony more in delivering updates to future versions of Android.

I don't like the idea of saying goodbye to the Moto X Play, because there's so much I really do like about it. It's just that having used this device for just over a week now, the allure of a smaller form factor is very strong. I remember using my brother's iPhone 5S when I last visited a month or two back and saying 'wow, this size is actually pretty nice'.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Still a bit bigger than my Nexus 5 and the custom interface kills it for me as it's still stuck on 5.0 Lollipop. Sony has made its UI a lot more like pure Android with the Z5 series and I trust Sony more in delivering updates to future versions of Android.

I don't like the idea of saying goodbye to the Moto X Play, because there's so much I really do like about it. It's just that having used this device for just over a week now, the allure of a smaller form factor is very strong. I remember using my brother's iPhone 5S when I last visited a month or two back and saying 'wow, this size is actually pretty nice'.

Wait for Nexus 5 or I think the Sony Z5 Compact may be worth looking at, for me 5.5 inch is the smallest I want.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01